procedures for dropping (1 Viewer)

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
hey everyone,
yeh ummz jus wondering what the procedures were for dropping donw from 2 unit into general, and realli if its possible going into yr 12 next term??? cuz i have a gut feeling it wont work, but ir ealli want to now... and i know i'vekept it for late, but thats whatmy mind was set on for the past 2 months or so..... thankz :)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Its not too late (if my assumption that you are in year 11 is correct). I know people who have dropped to general as late as the trial HSC exams. Procedures vary depending on your school, best probably to see your maths coordinator or if they dont deal with those issues, see whoever does deal with it.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I dropped from 2 unit to general in term 2 of this year (Year 12) So you are definately not too late.....(early actually)

It will depend on your school. But usually you go see the person in charge of curriculum at your school and they will begin the procedures and amend the BOS records for you. :)

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
could whoever i speak to have the right to refuse my appeal or whatevr they call it..... cuz if they do how can we like "fight" back in othr words... and yeh im in yr 11 atm....

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
well on what grounds would they refuse? There would have to be pretty good reasons......they dont usually refuse such requests (In fact they rather you do the level of maths your most comfortable with)

The only real reason they refuse requests is timetable clashes, but as 2unit and general are usually at the same time, there should be no problem

Last edited:

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
yeh theres a general class on the same time table and they have like prolyl 20 ppl or less in the class so ims ure one more couldnt hurt?

thanks guys :)... made me abit happier tonite, been thinking about it for a while now and havent done crap about it... thank you

P

pLuvia

dont drop to general mate, if you do you should just drop maths all together~~

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
asked my teacher todai...and she spoke to the head teacher... and apparently i cant change.? he said to her that its like dropping from chemistry to physics?... but i aint ognna stop trying.. i wanna see if i can take this further....

any suggestions???? :S

thankz everyone

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Do extremely terrible in ALL tests so that they would be very tempted to kick you out of 2 unit.

rama_v

HSC
Just stick to 2 unit is my advice, dont do terribe in all ur tests because if they still dont let you into general then you will get horrible marks

P

pLuvia

AntiHyper said:
Do extremely terrible in ALL tests so that they would be very tempted to kick you out of 2 unit.
dont do what he says, just stick with it, ask your teacher if you should stick with it

tryx

HSC
I'm a little shaky on this, but as far as I understand, General Maths is a completely different course. Making it like moving from Physics to Chem. 2U advanced leads on to 3u which leads on to 4u. All of them are connected. So 2u work is still relevant in 4u. General maths however, follows a totally different set of topics. Its more practical with more surveying and statistics. A little like year 10 Standard if you did that.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Although it still covers topics such as probability and series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)