• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Process Log and Annotated Bibliography (1 Viewer)

sharronx

I was just wondering how long is everyone's process log and how they did it? same with the annotated bibliography.
Some examples would be greatly appreciated :D
thanks

HayleeKate

HSC
I was a little more diligent. I actually kept a process log, from the very first day I had a history extension class. At least once a week, I'd write a bit.. just say yeah, i went to the library, got this book, that book, this one seems good because .... that one doesnt look real useful because .... Or, my favourite: went to Montezuma's Mexican Restaurant tonight, the menu had a brief biography of Montezuma on the back, and general description of Aztec society. Stuck in any photocopied pages or websites when i got them.. as i read a book/website/etc I wrote a bit about them.. which chapters were useful, a bit about the historians views and perspective.. THIS BECOMES YOUR ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY [just jazzed up a bit]. I got 10/10 for my log book anyway.. annotated bib marks pending.

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
A Friend Of Mine Went Completely Over The Top, Writing Things Such As Broke Up With Boyfriend At 4.56 History Extension Isnt On My List Of To Do Right Now. I Cant Elieve He Dumped Me.
Whereas My Log Was More
Stupid Mr ** Laughing Behind My Back, Thinks Im Stupid. I'll Show Him
And Then Things Such As
Seth From The Oc Is Sooooo Hot
Not Suprisingly I Only Got 4 Outta 7 For My Log An My Frind Got 7!
Write Down As Much Historiography As Poo

I Didnt Write Teachers Name Down As He Patrols This Website With A Fone Tooth Comb To Make Sure We Dont Plagerise! Lol! Thats Right Im Onto You!!!

HayleeKate

HSC
moffat said:
how do u set the annotated bibliography out?
Just simply. Put the bibliographical detail up the top, like a heading. Then just a couple of paragraphs underneath: basic what is the source.. how it was usefull to you.. any other feels comments, specifics about it. Theres no tricky format, just write your stuff.

X

xeuyrawp

HayleeKate said:
Just simply. Put the bibliographical detail up the top, like a heading. Then just a couple of paragraphs underneath: basic what is the source.. how it was usefull to you.. any other feels comments, specifics about it. Theres no tricky format, just write your stuff.
That's pretty much it.

Put in order of most to least influencial source. Explicitly note each of the source's historical philosophy- not only the basic context stuff, but what do they think history is, what is/n't important, etc.

bonniejjj

HSC
suger_plum said:
what i did, was done the night before it was due.
i stuck in about 100 sheets of info that i got of the net
and photocopied sheets from books
then i pasted in my drafts and what the teacher had said lol
I'm a little confused... from the 2001 prize winning essays I was under the impression that a few typed pages detailing the reasearch and developement of the major work in a sequential order would suffice for the log... What you did sounds more like what I have to do for the EE2 journal. My teacher told us that the log should be concise and to the point. Can anyone clarify for me what is the correct content of/way to present, the log??

X

xeuyrawp

bonniejjj said:
I'm a little confused... from the 2001 prize winning essays I was under the impression that a few typed pages detailing the reasearch and developement of the major work in a sequential order would suffice for the log... What you did sounds more like what I have to do for the EE2 journal. My teacher told us that the log should be concise and to the point. Can anyone clarify for me what is the correct content of/way to present, the log??
My school required a huge log book. If you're under the impression that you should have something shorter, that's probably because you got told by your teachers. Ask them what they require.

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
my teacher wanted us to put in everything we did. all our feelings, all our notes and drafts, ect! however diff schools require diff things. because they are stupidly marked externally.

you should def ask your teacher exaclty what he wants. cause its an easy 7 marks

invoiced

Banned
HSC
N/A
you should really get onto your teacher, call or email, because if you leave it too late, he/she will know you've bodgied most of it up.

bonniejjj

HSC
Pity my teacher's overseas all holidays... and that its due first day back at school. I've got all my reasearch, notes, and entries, (its just that they're separate.) In putting it together I didn't know what to exclude and what to include. I've emailed the other 4 people in my class so hopefully they have a clearer idea than I do... as everyone has said, every school is different...(which I personally think is stupid; it should be standardised and marked externally like any other major work...)

X

xeuyrawp

suger_plum said:
i totally agree with that.
i think the teachers allow themselves to use bias
Agreed. I don't know why they don't get it externally marked, it would be so much easier to do than the Extension English works, for example.

Then again, I guess the students have to treat it like an internal assesment, say the viva voce or the proposal of the EE2 work.

In my experience, though, the ext history teachers are pretty good with bias, Shore has 5 teachers individually marking theirs, and mine had 3 individually doing it.

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
PwarYuex said:
In my experience, though, the ext history teachers are pretty good with bias, Shore has 5 teachers individually marking theirs, and mine had 3 individually doing it.
Do you mean that there are 5 teachers cross-marking all the extension history projects? That's fairly intense.
As far as I'm aware at my school my teacher will be the main marker and she will endeavour to try and get an external marker to also give her their opinion. Hopefully.

X

xeuyrawp

Sphyx said:
Do you mean that there are 5 teachers cross-marking all the extension history projects? That's fairly intense.
As far as I'm aware at my school my teacher will be the main marker and she will endeavour to try and get an external marker to also give her their opinion. Hopefully.
Yep, and it's only a class of like 10 people. Then again, it is a rich private school.

Next year, I'll probably be doing marking at my old school, because apparently the class is going to grow, and whilst they have enough actual staff to cover teaching, they need another marker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)