Procrastinate with me: What are u going to do after your exams (1 Viewer)

havy

HSC
drink up then work full time for most of the vacation.

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
Most likely either be going out or working.
Will be taking over the 2nd in charge's shifts for about 2wks
Then flying overseas from Dec onwards.
Most likely dropping by Japan.. maybe Hokkaido, Tokyo or Oosaka
Coming back in Jan
Work my butt off
Hopefully won't get trashed.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
CieL said:
Most likely either be going out or working.
Will be taking over the 2nd in charge's shifts for about 2wks
Then flying overseas from Dec onwards.
Most likely dropping by Japan.. maybe Hokkaido, Tokyo or Oosaka
Coming back in Jan
Work my butt off
Hopefully won't get trashed.
thats awsome ciel :)

hey were u there for my presentation for hrm217, i think i spotted u

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Hi everyone, it's been ages since I last posted but insomnia and procrastination have driven me back here :)
I finish on the 19th and cannot wait, I'm going away for the weekend after I finish, staying in a very nice hotel with my partner and drinking Moet.
I'm also planning on:
-learning how to make soap at home (I'm not sure why I want to do this, but I really do)
-reading the Philip Pullman Dark Materials trilogy so that I can have an opinion on it when I get asked about it at work
-tidy the house for rental inspection...that might not get done so soon
-buy oddball earrings and Baby-sitters Club books from eBay
-buy way too much stuff on eBay in general....

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
cpjeeves said:
Hi everyone, it's been ages since I last posted but insomnia and procrastination have driven me back here :)
Ah... insomnia and procrastination, two of my best friends.

cpjeeves said:
I'm also planning on:
-learning how to make soap at home (I'm not sure why I want to do this, but I really do)
I was walking through uni. once, listening to a girl talking about wanting to make soap after seeing the movie Fight Club? It wasn't you, was it?

You can make soap using a cold process, it's just a matter of mixing lye (AKA Draino) and tallow (Cow fat) in the right ratio. You can use animals fats other than tallow too, lard (Pig fat)also works well... the higher the salt content of the fat, the better the soap.

You can also mix in vegetable fats and oils, but use an animal fat as the base.

Hot process soaps turn out much better. The only real difference is you boil the fat in a pressure cooker, then let it cool in the fridge. This seperates the glycerine from the fat. (The glycerine is the brown layer on top.)

Oh, and when you're making the soap, wear gloves whenever you handle the lye... this stuff burns anything that's even slightly wet, including your skin, mouth, nose, eyes, et cetera... it's really nasty stuff.

Luke.

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Actually, the soap phase of mine came about just recently, an offshoot of a brief aromatherapy phase :) so I don't think that would've been me. I've decided to try a slightly cop-out, shortcut method that doesn't involve lye or animal fat - handmilling, where you grate up & melt a base soap (in my case, unfragranced, vegetable soap from the health shops), add your own essential oils, colours, anything like that and then set it.
I like having 'projects' when uni's over, and this one is much more fun than cleaning out my childhood room so that my brother's muso friend can rent it out.

*hopeful*

HSC
cpjeeves said:
-buy oddball earrings and Baby-sitters Club books from eBay
:wave: i love/loved the bsc books! i have only about 130 plus a whole bunch of the little sister karen ones, i never thought about looking on ebay for the few i dont have...omg its so kool that theres someone else out there who loves them....and i just realised whats in ur av...arghhh love baby-sitters club!!!!

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
*hopeful* said:
:wave: i love/loved the bsc books! i have only about 130 plus a whole bunch of the little sister karen ones, i never thought about looking on ebay for the few i dont have...omg its so kool that theres someone else out there who loves them....and i just realised whats in ur av...arghhh love baby-sitters club!!!!
You should check out the Graphic Novels, they've adapted the first 3 books of the main series into comic form. http://www.scholastic.com/bscgraphix/about/
I collected them when I was young, got rid of them when I was too cool for it all, and now I'm re-collecting bits and pieces of the series, and the spin-off series :)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i didn't read prev posts but i see bsc! i loved them too! lol

anyway, after exams, I am going to:
- sleep

i was gonna make a list but i can't think of what else.

I think I will just sleep for a month then wake up and go do summer school.

then look for a job.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
*waves* @ cyan_phoenix ... you've been missed hun :(

*tear* Thanks Anne :)

I got that awful "hi Cyan_phoenix, you haven't been here for weeks.." message again. I feel soooo unBOS....

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
completely unBOS I'de say :p.... i see your 100% finished with your degree cyan :p congrat or as they say in spanish FELICIDADES :p

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
cpjeeves said:
You should check out the Graphic Novels, they've adapted the first 3 books of the main series into comic form. http://www.scholastic.com/bscgraphix/about/
I collected them when I was young, got rid of them when I was too cool for it all, and now I'm re-collecting bits and pieces of the series, and the spin-off series :)
i got a bunch of baby sitters club books (lol) i was going to donate them library
do you want them?

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
sukiyaki said:
i got a bunch of baby sitters club books (lol) i was going to donate them library
do you want them?
Yeah, for sure! (I know how lame I sound, and I'm ok with that :) Would you want to meet up at uni or would you rather not be seen with BSC books in public?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)