• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Procrastination. help? (1 Viewer)

sirenxx

HSC
Sorry if there have been a lot of similar threads and sounding like a whiney bitch..
but i have really dug myself into a rather deep hole in that my procrastination has become really bad.
it's more like 'morning before' rather than just 'night before'.

who else is in a similar situtation?? and how are you coping with it or how did you get out of it?
i know the simple answer is just do the work - im constantly yelling that at myself.
but arrrrrrrrrrrr!! :evilfire:

im not sure if its because i'm just a lazy shit, im burnt out or relying too much on my 'flukeness ability' because i actually do want to do well (the chance of that happening is slim now but im fine with ok).
perhaps i have no drive as i don't have much ambition because i have no idea what i want to do.
(ha now im just making excuses...)

but any help is appreciated :)

lychnobity

HSC
http://community.boredofstudies.org...liminary-hsc/213228/focusing.html#post4413519

Procrastinating?

Yeah, well, me too.

Seriously, don't even think about doing work. Don't organise it. Just write a list down, and do the tasks.

Plan mindlessness.

I checked myself into study rehab, as I like to call it in my head, at this point, I've realised my marks are beyond saving.

So, what have I done? I printed out the syllabus and started learning on my own to make up. Easy, simple.

anyscope

HSC
Well, I recently posted a thread like this... dunno if it'd help.

But basically just realise that everything is going to be over by the end of November, and once it's gone, second chances are not easy. Just force yourself to start and not get distracted - it's just about willpower. And once you're into it, you'll realise it's not that bad.

Good luck with everything.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Plan your procrastination, that's what i do. I literally worked out what hours i'll be free to procrastinate every single day and it works somewhat :)

Niek

HSC
it's a weird time of the year right now... I'm finding it pretty hard to get motivated.
Pretty bad, considering we only have liiiiike one full term left? I gotta get my act together!

Get a proper countdown going, I find that always helps, especially the ones that also count down the minutes and seconds - that really spurs me into action!
Plus don't stress TOO MUCH, or else you will find it actually impossible to work! Work out what times you work best between and just stick to them, take the rest of the time off!
GOOD LUCK :)

sirenxx

HSC
haha your are all sooo right
and i love the idea of planning my procrastination
its just so ghay how i have so much potential. if i actually worked properly i could be like an awesome nerd :D

had a tantrum the other day because my mum told me it didn't feel like there was a HSC student in the house. i think i freaked out cause they're finally onto me!
:bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)