Procrastination thread # 4-You know the zone is coming when (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
in the zone for exam timeline....

This is how I know the "zone" is coming...

Phase one: Procrastination
*I write up a ridiculous amount of procrastination threads and your on BOS more than you ever were before.
*However your still eager to try new procrastination methods hence your on the lookout to see what other people are posting and doing with their procrastinatng time.
*At this stage your asking everyone how everyone is going with their "exam prep" to legitimize how far behind you are.
*You are not stressed yet, however you are somewhat stressing about not stressing.
*You reward yourself for every paragraph that you read and you think reading a page of the book is a big accomplishment.

Note: I am currently in this phase

Phase two:
*Your still open to people butting into your "study" time,
*however you no longer smile when the interuption suddenly pops up, like you were in phase one.
*You don't like people coming into your room unnecessarily, however you still tolerate it.
*You no longer seek new procrastination methods that other people use
*You are now aware of EXACTLY how much you must get done in a day
*You are now proportioning your time in 4-5 hour chunks

Last stage- 50 hours before an exam
*You start thinking that Pee-ing is such a waste of time!<--- thats the biggest indication for me that "the zone" is well and truly here
* You start thinking EATING is the biggest waste of time and you tolerate your stomache grumbling!<--- second biggest indication that the "zone" is again well and truly here
*You wish you didn't have to sleep! You see sleep as a waste of time
*You get extremely cranky at ANYONE coming into your room.
*No one dare asks you for favours i.e "can you pick me up from" ...You answer everybody with quick one sentences... or you automatically spit out "NO!" and you think how unfair and inconsiderate people are that they'de even ask.

How do you guys know that the "zone" is at your doorsteph/inside...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
oh no not number 4 - i was supposed to go to bed :p
*reads*

edit: :rofl: yeah that's pretty much it
stage 1 - be nice, listen to stories, lounge around a bit, work really slow, visit bos every few hours, browse a bit. <-- was doing this yesterday. and this morning.
stage 2 - few smiles, listen only to stories that sound like they'll be short, otherwise tell people to get lost, visit bos every 30mins, only visit the mac section, answer many procrastination threads but don't think much about answers. <-- i've moved along quickly, doing this now. also doing a bit of the below (work at lightning speed, eat dinner faster)
stage 3 - no smiles. one line answers. no listening to anything. work a bit longer while people are eating so you get more done and when you get to the table you play catch ups and eat faster, if anyone dares visit your room they wish they hadn't, work at lightning speed. visit bos twice a day, only the mac section, only to read. <-- i don't want to get to stage 3!! i hate this stage, most of the time it's only for the last day of cram-a-thons

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Phase One: The bare minimums...

This is the stage where I usually figure out whats in the exam, look through my revision books and then gather notes and what not. Then I spend a day or two just going through all lectures in detail, and all notes prior to an exam.

I then wake up from my slumber, and realise I'm never going to do that, so I just go through with the first step and then hope for the best.

Phase Two: The rot...

(If I haven't already, I've lost most motivation and hit holiday mode)

By this stage, I'm over exams and just want to get them done with, usually spend an hour or two looking through notes, making sure I know at least 2-3 main ideas. But for the most part, I'm either comfortable in passing so I'm not too concerned (thank you SCMP and their <30% exams).

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
AsyLum said:

:rofl:
yeah, well, much different to clairgirl and i

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i have these great, seem so simple study plans in my head that at the time i think of them i know i wont stick to it

so i basically piss away any time i do have by doing anything that isnt study related, and about the night before the exam i try to learn at least half of the course, hoping that if i know 50% i should pass the exam ... that and hoping everyone else in the room is dumber than me

dont know if it answers the question, didnt study for this quiz! lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iambored said:
:rofl:
yeah, well, much different to clairgirl and i
lol being in holiday mode right before exams is so foreign to me...

however i feel something remotely close to an hour before my last exam

*hopeful*

HSC
i follow your order clairegirl, except in opposite order ie i freak out heaps first and then slowly mellow down as the exam gets closer...i think :confused: yeah i think thats right i dunno im half asleep right now

on the actual morning of an exam i go back to freaking out, im the person no-one wants to see before an exam cause i stress out so much, hence stress the non-stressed

HSC
N/A
Mine are actually ridiculously similar to what Anne posted up. As in, right down to the last detail.

Only differences are that I'm a talker - when studying in my rooms I'll verbally memorise my notes (and thus no-one comes into my room because they are sick of my voice and don't want to hear it ;)). Also, in times like now when I have no exams, am doing hand-in essays and after four semesters of uni have FINALLY figured out how to write essays properly, I'm not too stressed out :)

Spent more time than planned on CUL207, so have three days to do ARTS200 and CUL202. Eep.

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:

This is the stage where I usually figure out whats in the exam, look through my revision books and then gather notes and what not. Then I spend a day or two just going through all lectures in detail, and all notes prior to an exam.

I then wake up from my slumber, and realise I'm never going to do that, so I just go through with the first step and then hope for the best.

(If I haven't already, I've lost most motivation and hit holiday mode)

By this stage, I'm over exams and just want to get them done with, usually spend an hour or two looking through notes, making sure I know at least 2-3 main ideas. But for the most part, I'm either comfortable in passing so I'm not too concerned (thank you SCMP and their <30% exams).
Well summarised.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i'm in stage one even though my exam is tomorrow. i keep falling asleep no matter howww many no dozes i take!

edit: actually i'll change that

stge one: week before exams - i think yehi've got a week to learn everything, it's ok. i plan to get D's i worry about exams being soon but i still do nothing
stage two: week of exams - i really hate my degree and regret choosing it and really wish i'd studied more int he first place.

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
following Clairegirl's model, i hit stage 3 this morning...for the thursday exam...im gonna chill out on friday night...coz busl can easily be crammed in a weekend...

So Stage 3 till friday night, return to Stage One ON friday night, stage 2 saturday, stge 3 sunday/mon morning...teh circle of study

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
i'm a perpetual plan maker
i made about 4 plans for my cul essay - now i've written it, i hate it lol - half way through the essay i had the 'i give up' feeling - hit 2500 words and be done with it.

I find when studying/doing work - I find so many other things to - during the last exams i recatagorised all my DVDs/CDs - I just wish i had something in a mess or not in order that I could sort out - that calms me hahaha

At the moment I am in the tricky position of balancing essays with exams - i could see it happening and it has - all the time being spent on the essay, and studying the night before for the exam - gah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)