• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Procrastination (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
WHo here has a problem with procrastination? I do. Some people say its laziness, and somewhat to do some degree it might be.

What are some tips to overcome procrastination, as I have an assignment due on Friday, and Ive done the research, but I am struggling to write it up.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I have massive problems with procrastination... but unfortunately no solutions.

My motivation comes when I reach the point where if I don't do it now I'm not going to finish in time.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
What are you waiting for?
A written invitation?
A public decalration?
A private consolation?
Remember when you procrastinate, you chose last.

Are you gonna stay around until twenty-twelve A.D?
What are you waiting for,
A certain shade of green?
I think I grew a grey watching you procrastinate;
What are you waiting for,
A certain shade of green?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I have 5 major assignments due in the next 3 weeks... I had today off and I did no work.

ALLLICE

HSC
I've found I don't have a problem researching for assessments early on but i leave the actual work til the last minute.... so in a way i prepare for my procastination :confused: . I dunno...everything seems to turn out alright in the end.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
grow the fuck up

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Myspace doesn't help.

I did finish my music assignment a few days early though, which gives me time to start the next one I plan to procrastinate over :D

rozymisty

HSC
lol Sometimes the last minute dash assignment has paid off. Like last year I had to a assignment on medical negligence and was racing to do it, got it in at like 8pm, even with an extension, and somehow got top marks for it! I was very happy with it.

Hm do u think its a form of obsessive compulsive disorder? Coz i used to be OCD when i was in high school, id get up out of bed all the time checking the doors were locked and the windows were shut, and my books were packed for the morning. Thankfully mums frustration and time made me grow out of that.

nekobutterfly

HSC
rozymisty said:
Hm do u think its a form of obsessive compulsive disorder? Coz i used to be OCD when i was in high school, id get up out of bed all the time checking the doors were locked and the windows were shut, and my books were packed for the morning. Thankfully mums frustration and time made me grow out of that.
I wonderi f i have that....because i cannot go to sleep unless i know everything is turned off, that the mats in the bathroom are straight, that my door is closed properly and that my pets have food and water (even if i remember doing it).

The ironic thing is is that my room can be a huge mess at the same time.:)

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Procrastination... oh god haha.

I procrastinate because I get really anxious about failing or not being able to get it done on time, so then I can't do it. Ironic hey.

I also take FOREVER to actually get anything done. I've been writing the same 5 paragraphs of a lab report over and over for the past week lol, and was due on Tuesday.

Last edited:

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
if all else fails:

instead of trying not to procrastinate just accept that you probably will and prepare for it. get your meals/snacks/caffine ready, your room in a good state for cramming, get a good few hours rest in the afternoon in preparation for an all-nighter, have your textbooks/pens/excercise books/calculator out, get any other chores out of the way, have your bag packed for the next day and your clothes/accessories ready so you can leave for uni at any given time, etc.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
go for cones

rozymisty

HSC
ah, no thanks to the drugs...they dont help...

I have my coke ready here to drink through out the night, so the caffeine in it will make me pee nearly every hour so that will keep me awake. I dont drink coffee, dont have any here so yeah..

Ive done all nighters before, but not for assignments. I will prob have a rest for 1hr, and then get up at the crack of dawn to continue. There are two questions we have to answer, big ones, so ill type up one question up, have a snooze for 1hr then do the other one.

Got all the notes here, got to find a few more references as I go, and then finish it up.

Im like you sprinkles, in that i think i will fail, and dont want to fail, more worried about that, or that it wont be done on time, so yes it is a bit ironic lol.

and I am listening to music so yeah thats in the background giving me company.

iwannarock

HSC
i don't see procrastination as a problem.

if you condition yourself to be able to write 2000-3000 words in 10-12 hours you get good at it eventually.

well not really 'good' in the sense of good marks.

:santa:

ALLLICE

HSC
:(:(:(
i left an essay until the last minute again *sigh*
...looks like I'll be here for a while

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha you're well on your way to being an A grade MQ student

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)