• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Producers for your first album.... (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
OneManArmy said:
DJ Premier
Kno
Stoupe
Decompoze
Pete Rock [for some of his old school beats]...
SickNotes
Alchemist
Jay Dee aka J Dilla
Denaun Porter aka Mr Porter
J.R.
DJ Cheapshot
7L
Cyzer Sozet...

...and maybe RJD2...i prefer his beats without vocals tho...
yeah i was thinkign about mr porter, but i dont think denauns beats are all hat great, some are alrite but some are just shit.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
OneManArmy said:
DJ Premier
Kno
Stoupe
Decompoze
Pete Rock [for some of his old school beats]...
SickNotes
Alchemist
Jay Dee aka J Dilla
Denaun Porter aka Mr Porter
J.R.
DJ Cheapshot
7L
Cyzer Sozet...

...and maybe RJD2...i prefer his beats without vocals tho...
yeah i was thinkign about mr porter, but i dont think denauns beats are all that great, some are alrite but some are just shit.

OneManArmy

HSC
shady_03 said:
yeah i was thinkign about mr porter, but i dont think denauns beats are all that great, some are alrite but some are just shit.
i think he's nice on the beats...his singing is pretty good too [i know any disagree on that]...
Eminem is a terrible producer tho...some of his beats are ok i guess, but most of the sound the same and unoriginal...he's waayy too overrated...

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
OneManArmy said:
i think he's nice on the beats...his singing is pretty good too [i know any disagree on that]...
Eminem is a terrible producer tho...some of his beats are ok i guess, but most of the sound the same and unoriginal...he's waayy too overrated...
Yeah some sound the same, but hes got some really good ones like

welcome 2 detroit city
drama setter
hush is comin
off to tijuana
we all die one day
we aint
my toy soldiers

I wouldnt call em terrible - hes produced more better beats then denaun. And eminem is growing as a producer by changing up the style a bit, he can do banging beats or slow beats depending on the song, flow and artist.

I agree, denaun is a good singer (especially on "nuthin at all") but i think hes beats are pretty average, nuthin really 2 write home about

OneManArmy

HSC
shady_03 said:
Yeah some sound the same, but hes got some really good ones like

welcome 2 detroit city
drama setter
hush is comin
off to tijuana
we all die one day
we aint
my toy soldiers

I wouldnt call em terrible - hes produced more better beats then denaun. And eminem is growing as a producer by changing up the style a bit, he can do banging beats or slow beats depending on the song, flow and artist.

I agree, denaun is a good singer (especially on "nuthin at all") but i think hes beats are pretty average, nuthin really 2 write home about
well we all have our opinions...

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Supra said:
Scott storch
Dre
Swizz Beats - produced some great songs including bring em out i think
Kanye West
Timbaland
Jazze Phae
MF Doom
9th wonder
just blaze
DJ Paul & Juicy J
lil jon
alchemist
Neptunes
Sanchez - i think he produced ASAP one of my favourite songs off Urban Legend
DJ Premier
I heard their beats cost in excess of $200,000

Also apparently dre charges ppl outsode the label $250,000 for a beat and "friends" rates (ie those in shady/aftermath/gunit) about $75,000. Thats how he makes a million dollars a week lol

And denaun charges only $25,000 and Eminem doesnt charge mc's he respects

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i think ud work with the producer to create teh sound that YOU want...

@ Shady...thats fukd, over 200k just for a beat?! But then again 200k is reasonable, as they're goin to make more money if the beat is hot, and they can afford it...
I read on boxden taht there was like a million dollar beat or something that Nas bought?! (Chris feel free to correct me there, i read it a while ago)

HSC
2 million dollars....neptunes.....though i don't think this rumour is too accurate.

YOU pick the beats that the producer makes, he throws a couple of beats at you and u pick one or wateva.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
2 million dollars....neptunes.....though i don't think this rumour is too accurate.

YOU pick the beats that the producer makes, he throws a couple of beats at you and u pick one or wateva.
yeah i heard about that, its crazy ... but if you want a good album thats wat u gotta do.....

Adrian.

HSC
adsta said:
But in the case of hiphop, I can understand why you would want someone supplying the beats.
Maybe you don't know how or aren't very good at creating beats. Just because some one can write rhymes and rap doesn't mean they can create a good beat.

Adrian.

HSC
adsta said:
Ummmm I wasn't disagreeing with what was said. Thats why I said I can understand why you would want someone (i.e a producer) supplying the beats for you to choose. I wouldn't expect all rappers to be able to write good beats.
Opps, sorry I read can as can't.

HSC
adsta said:
Ummmm I wasn't disagreeing with what was said. Thats why I said I can understand why you would want someone (i.e a producer) supplying the beats for you to choose. I wouldn't expect all rappers to be able to write good beats.

kanye west makes good beats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)