Production (1 Viewer)

blacksunset

HSC
Hi Everyone,
anyone from any other colleges/halls are welcome to put details of anything happening with them here too, just thought I'd start with mine.

Burton and Garran Hall are putting on the award-winning Stephen Sondheim musical "A funny thing happened on the way to the forum" at the Street Theatre on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of August. Tickets are around $12 (I think) and should go on sale soon.
It's hillarious, and we have some brilliant voices singing.
It is choreographed by me :D (I'm also in it ;) ) and if you want to see girls running around in almost nothing, you will love it!!

Hope to see lots of people there - feel free to PM me for ticket details.. or talk to anyone from B&G!!!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Bruce's play is in September. I'll try and get some details.

kretzy

HSC
I've got a few friends in the show so I'll try get along to see it! :) I'll probably go thursday night seeing as I'm going to law ball on friday.

Evilo

HSC
John XXIII Dramatic Soceity presents:

BLACK COMEDY
By Peter Shaffer

By special arrangment with Dominie Pty Ltd

A black out is generally a problematic situation at the best of times and while Brindsely Miller and his fiancé Carol Melket wait for Georg Bamberger, a deaf millionaire art collector coming to appraise his work they experience inconvenience at its supreme . Arriving in the darkness are the colonel, Brindsley's future father in law and neighbours Miss Furnival & Harold Gorringe.This would be a small inconvenience had Brindsley not borrowed Harold's furniture without him knowing for the intention of impressing Bamberger & the Colonel.

Brindsley now suffers the unrelenting task of returning each piece of furniture back to the residence of its original owner without the knowledge of the very people who are sitting on it. A somewhat in comprehendible task had Brindsey’s ex-mistress, Clea not returned under the cover of darkness, unannounced in turn creating a juggling act of epic proportions.
Time is paramount as Brindsley faces a race to beat the clock as the electrician begins repairs on the lighting.

This farce in one act entails an assortment of comedy as Brindsley attempts to deceive his neighbours, manipulates his loved ones and maintain the image that he is in fact in complete control all while in the confusion and complete cover of darkness.

SEE IT : Wednesday13th, Thursday14th, Friday15th 8pm & Saturday16th 2:30pm August

COST : Wednesday opening Night Special -> $10 Conc. $15 Adult
All other nights $15 Concession OR $20 Adult

WHERE: Street Theatre
BOOKINGS at http://www.thestreet.org.au/
or call (02) 6247 1223

Brindsley Miller - Duncan Webber
Carol Melket - Alex Banks
Georg Bamberger - Ross Murray
Colonel - Joseph Ayoub
Miss Furnival - Maddie Hiller
Harold Gorringe - Cameron Knott
Clea - Alyssa Coursey
Schuppanzigh - Jason Hunt

EDIT - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=25011100875

Last edited:

blacksunset

HSC
Tickets are now on sale fo the b&g production.
they can be purchased (cash only) from the redback lounge every night between 8 or 9pm. alternatively, u can get them from the street theatre or on their website (they take cash and eftpos)

they are $12for a ticket. when went onto the website, it doesnt seem to have a link to buying them online, so hopefully will work out those kinks soon. the facebook link i posted has the list of cast, so have a look if any of your friends are performing and come and see a fantastic show for a small price!

as mentioned above, the performance dates are the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of august at 7.30pm.

hope to see everyone there!

blacksunset

HSC
Opening night is tonight!
Tickets are still avaliable for all three nights and you can buy them directly from the street tjheatre. Seating is unreserved so you an go and buy them and then pick where you would like to sit. :)
The show looks awesome so I hope to see lots of people there!

kretzy

HSC
I went and saw the show on Friday night. I thought you guys did a terrific job! :)

blacksunset

HSC
oh fabulous! i wonder if u picked who i was.... i was the courtesan in the blue. haha.
on satuirday night i managed to have a wardrobe malfunction and lose my skirt too.. how fun.

but i got a box of chocolates at the end of the show - they gave me thigns to say thankyou for all the work i did. aw:)

Evilo

HSC
Sammy-Blue said:
If I had known there were going to be wardrobe malfunctions I would've gone :rofl:
sif you'd go to B&G!

btw well done B&G for failing to organise IB again. well done.

blacksunset

HSC
how can you make such riddiculous assumptions when you did not see the show yourself. you have just proven what an immature slimeball you are.

and it seems much easier to blame IB on b&g.. our teams have been doing mock drops and training consistently, so i can hardly believe it is purely their fault. do you actually know the real reason IB was cancelled in the first place?

Evilo

HSC
blacksunset said:
how can you make such riddiculous assumptions when you did not see the show yourself. you have just proven what an immature slimeball you are.
okay firstly - you misread my post "sif you'd go to B&G!" <-- this implies that I doubt Sammy_blue would travel to B&G, I'm not 'dissing' your silly play.

secondly - 'riddiculous ' is spelt ridiculous

thirdly - I am deeply offended by your "slimeball" comment

blacksunset said:
and it seems much easier to blame IB on b&g.. our teams have been doing mock drops and training consistently, so i can hardly believe it is purely their fault.
I'm blaming B&G because the organisers are from B&G, not the fact you have a team.

When Johns organised it in '06 it was run very well. And yes, it was organised by the misfit Sean, so what does that say about B&G organisers?

blacksunset said:
do you actually know the real reason IB was cancelled in the first place?
The first time IB was "postponed" was because the 'stakeholders' (i.e. the police) could not sign off on their plan in time. I blame the organisers for not setting adequate time frames for things to be done.

The second time IB was cancelled was because the form was submitted, and the person at council who was supposed to read it went on holiday (it was left on his desk). The organisers (at B&G) should have called and spoken to the person reading and/or harassed other people into reading it.

Both events are a result of poor organisation and not providing adequate time frames for things to be done.

blacksunset

HSC
you make me laugh. you are one of those people who get all your kicks off sitting on a forum... you have admitted before that you were a nerd. you're one of those people who wouldnt be game to talk to me if you saw me in union court... or try and impress me with some "awesome" computer skills.

btw. i recall u mentioning u were a second year at johns, which means you wouldnt have been there in '06... so how would you know how well IB was run, apart from hearsay?

Evilo

HSC
blacksunset said:
so how would you know how well IB was run, apart from hearsay?
I meant '07 (i.e. last year) when Sean organised it without any major issues. Oh you've caught me off guard with that argument - well played *roll*.

blacksunset said:
you're one of those people who wouldnt be game to talk to me if you saw me in union court...
I wouldn't talk to you anyway - you're too self-absorbed.

blacksunset said:
or try and impress me with some "awesome" computer skills.
You go out with someone from ADFA, wouldn't take much to impress you. :)

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
Bruce Hall Play 2008: The Bruce Brothers

11th, 12th and 13th September, 8.30pm, The Street Theater
Tickets $10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)