Professional Business Cadetships (1 Viewer)

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Anyone had their interviews yet? If so, how did they go?

Ovaschool303

HSC
yeah. had my interview today with UBS, and that was amazingly relaxed and laid back. Having a look at the candidates that were there when i left and were there when I walked out, seemed to be high quality. Will be hard to cut it down from 10 to 4 people or however small it gets for UBS because the questions i was asked, i couldnt see how they could separate candidates.. anyway, just gotta relax and wait till tomorrow where they will contact us and see who else is left!

Yasaman

HSC
Still haven't heard from Westpac, anyone else still in the same position?

jordankuai22

HSC
Yasaman said:
i think westpac has already offered its 4 cadet positions

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Yasaman said:
I'm the same. still havent heard.

nabbyx

HSC
OMG WHAAAAT? have Westpac already given out their positions? :worried:

jenecis

HSC
What? Are you sure that all the positions for Westpac are gone because that would seem highly unfair to the applicants who haven't undergone an interview ...

Also is it only the UBS people that have had their interviews? What type of questions did they ask?

Thanks for your help!!

allblack

Legendary Member...
HSC
I had my Zurich interview today, the two ladies that conducted the interview were really nice and made the interview very comfortable. The questions were similar to the initial interview with Alistair or the Asian lady. Mostly asked questions from our application relating to team work, communication, customer service ect...
They also asked what out career aspirations are, and we need to link the skills we have to that career path. They asked about time management and how we organise our week around school, sports and extra-curricular.

Good luck to everyone who have already had their interview or are going to have it soon.

Last edited:

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
jordankuai22 said:
i think westpac has already offered its 4 cadet positions
same.

im pretty sure they have already offered their cadet positions.

one of my friends has been offered one.

jimmyb8

HSC
westpac will announce next week they said
and its not 4 positions.. its 2 (btw whoever it was who said westpac were offering 25.. wat were u smoking?)

i had my interview today and the building is amazing

but yeh it is soo stupid that they didnt interview everyone

and its become clear that allistair lied to all of us.. he said they would take around 30 cadets all up.. but each firm are taking like 2 each.. this whole business cadetships thing has been very disappointing i rkn

but yeh i kno westpac havent offered yet because interviews dont finish until the end of this week

allblack

Legendary Member...
HSC
I think Zurich are offering like 6 or 7 cadetships, 2 in investment and some in finance and a couple in general insurance.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
jimmyb8 said:
and its not 4 positions.. its 2 (btw whoever it was who said westpac were offering 25.. wat were u smoking?)

and its become clear that allistair lied to all of us.. he said they would take around 30 cadets all up.. but each firm are taking like 2 each.. this whole business cadetships thing has been very disappointing i rkn

but yeh i kno westpac havent offered yet because interviews dont finish until the end of this week
Did Westpac say anything about not interviewing everyone?

Yasaman

HSC
jimmyb8 said:

wtf, so were not all getting an interview??

blaqie

HSC
i heard that westpac made its own shortlist from what allistair gave them. not sure if this is legit but seems justifyable.

could've given us some notice...

seano77

Walk On
HSC
blaqie said:
i heard that westpac made its own shortlist from what allistair gave them. not sure if this is legit but seems justifyable.

could've given us some notice...
Yeah I think if we are 'shortlisted' then we at least deserve the courtesy of being contacted?

Ovaschool303

HSC
HEY HEY! just been notified that after my first interview with UBS they have invited me back for another one with the head of operations for UBS in Australia... i think they cut it from 10 down to 5 and now there is only 3 spots left... tough break to whoever gets cut from here on.... time will tell

jordankuai22

HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
HEY HEY! just been notified that after my first interview with UBS they have invited me back for another one with the head of operations for UBS in Australia... i think they cut it from 10 down to 5 and now there is only 3 spots left... tough break to whoever gets cut from here on.... time will tell
congratz.

you seem to be in high demand for employment next year.

little-fongie

HSC
Zurich - The HR lady who interviewed me today said they are interviewing 36 people, then 24 will be shortlisted for a further interview and 12 will finally be accepted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)