• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Programmers needed (1 Viewer)

boblemur

HSC
[FONT=&quot]A partner and i are designing a new cpu architecture and we need people with programming abilities to share the load of writing a compiler.

this is not an x86 arch. Therefore asm knowledge is not required.

A knowledge of more complicated standard algorithms and the ability to learn new languages is all that is required.

please email me at n_d_89@hotmail.com if you are at all interested[/FONT]

me121

Premium Member
HSC
boblemur said:
[FONT=&quot]A partner and i are designing a new cpu architecture and we need people with programming abilities to share the load of writing a compiler.

this is not an x86 arch. Therefore asm knowledge is not required.

A knowledge of more complicated standard algorithms and the ability to learn new languages is all that is required.

please email me at n_d_89@hotmail.com if you are at all interested[/FONT]
omg. thats way to complicated for me.. you seem to know a lot, even though you have not even started uni.

Marky24

HSC
Code:
 console.writeline ("Hello, World!");
yey I can play too

Last edited:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Designing a new architecture? Sounds interesting, and very impressive (this is seriously 3rd year computer/electrical engineering and possibly even into post-grad kinda levels)

What kind of style are you going for? More towards the RISC or CISC end (although they've kinda lost meaning nowadays)? And what kind of applications are you thinking of using it in (Home user desktops, embedded systems, mobile phones etc)?

I'll add my part though :p

Code:
.data

out_string:	.asciiz "\nHello, World!\n"
print_str:	.word 4
exit_code:	.word 10

.text

main:
	lw $v0, print_str 
	la $a0, out_string 
	syscall 
	lw $v0, exit_code 
	syscall

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Gah!!!! once i graduate, i wont program or come close to a computer for a loooong time! :mad1:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
This is where I wish I'd have already completed Seng :/
lol fuck off software engineering fags, enjoy doing information systems and IT management courses

comp eng is where this shit is at.

software engineering probably doesnt have comp arch/embedded computing courses in its program

Last edited:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Usyd soft eng used to have it too (you did embedded stuff until 3rd year)...but now with the new syllabus in 2008 it looks way more like an IT/comp sci degree (lots of higher level stuff, IT management, that sort of stuff).

HSC
A High Way Man said:
lol fuck off software engineering fags, enjoy doing information systems and IT management courses

comp eng is where this shit is at.

software engineering probably doesnt have comp arch/embedded computing courses in its program
Idk dude, from the sounds of OP and the seng program at unsw, I think that it would give you the skills necessary to do what the OP wants.

Also, f u, I WILL enjoy doing infs.

boblemur

HSC
hey all thankz for the replies...

yeh i was looking for someone who could programm reasonably well in python?? anyone? or c cause they are easy to move to the other...

umm goony yeh well we are aiming to take over arm's market share because of our arch is upto 119x faster than arm can be (ave 20x) we can run at much lower power (which is y pplz like arm)..with still superiour processing power, but really its, a new class...

and as much as im sure ur a very good asm programmer :p dosent help much when the asm ud be working with looks nothing like that... :p

but yes if ud like more info...stats, whos on the team, what our goals etc are... email me plz :)

....and politik y waste ur time...if u dont like the thread then dont post...

im currently doing advanced software engineering at sydney uni, so if any of u go there it would deffinatly be good to hear from u...

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
goony said:
Usyd soft eng used to have it too (you did embedded stuff until 3rd year)...but now with the new syllabus in 2008 it looks way more like an IT/comp sci degree (lots of higher level stuff, IT management, that sort of stuff).
that sounds like the same criteria as diploma in networking at tafe (which i currently do). you might as well go to tafe and gain the extra hands on experience. you do cisco, server, linux, project managment and network security.

Metamporphosis

HSC
Code:
int main() {
cout<<"Hello World";
}
Code:
alert('Hello World')
m i doin' it rite?

(By the way, the first is C++, the second is JS.)

dumarab

HSC
Do you mean you need a compilier that converts to a new Assembly language.

Your project is usless. in the future there will be no need for compiliers (for different CPU architectures), but for interprators as new technologies such as java will be implemented as they are cross-platform.

I don't understand what your talking about as all compiliers convert source code to machine code. Why would you need anything different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)