Programming exam!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

javahead

HSC
N/A
What did people think ???? I thought it was hideous!!!!!!!!!

S

Shuter

It was hard but I did ok, how odd an entire exam and I didn't use one IF statement.

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
*prepares to get flamed*

It was pretty easy :p Easier than I expected.

I used an If block in the first 23 mark one, and then a For...Next statement in the second one. I dunno what was expected of the design on the sheet though, I just wrote crappy psuedocode.

Anyone know when it'll be marked by?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i did the second section of the assignment completely wrong. i didnt use loops , but simply multiplied by the number of yearss :(

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i did the second section of the assignment completely wrong. i didnt use loops , but simply multiplied by the number of yearss :(
Hehe. If you looked at the textbook under the For...Next examples, you'll find that one of the examples (the population increasing thing) is done very similarly to how you would do the inflation.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
ragnarok said:
Hehe. If you looked at the textbook under the For...Next examples, you'll find that one of the examples (the population increasing thing) is done very similarly to how you would do the inflation.
yeh grrr.

so i am gussing u did programming in high school am i right?

i cant amagine anyone doing good in this test who didnt have experience in vb before. seriosuly u cant learn that code so quickly and expect to do well in tht exam

S

Shuter

I didn't bother with For Next.

I just did

Do While counter < years
total = (total * 1.05)
counter += 1
Loop

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
SashatheMan said:
yeh grrr.

i cant amagine anyone doing good in this test who didnt have experience in vb before. seriosuly u cant learn that code so quickly and expect to do well in tht exam
Actually no. I've never done programming anywhere else besides in this course/subject.

I just did a few examples here and there in the textbook and made sure I understood why that happens when you do this, and stuff like that. It's really easy once you get the hang of it.

I was kind of dreading today (I wasn't confident at all), but I was relatively happy after the exam. Anyway, if I did programming before, I would have tried that exam that gives you an exemption.

S

Shuter

SashatheMan said:
yeh grrr.

You should know I hadn't touched real programming until a few weeks ago.

pizzaman57

Insert Custom Title Here
HSC
i dunno bout everyone else, but i've got a nasty feelin imma fail that exam :eek:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
what the hell was that crap about writing some psydocode or what eva on the page. it pissed me off

pizzaman57

Insert Custom Title Here
HSC
write psydocode on the page :confused:...i thought we jus had to draw what our design would look like...looks like i'll be repeating this subject *sigh*

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Looks like you guys did alright and knew what you were doing! That's good to hear.

The lab should be marked by the end of week 8 hopefully.

mysteek

HSC
week 8. this is week 7 right??? i think i got the formula wrong for the second one. I didnt really do psudocode...i just did like a design and just like wrote like random stuff that i was thinking of at the time hahaha probably wrong.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yup, thats what we're aiming for. This is week 6 at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)