• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Programs Eligible for Major Work? (1 Viewer)

Zorine

HSC
Hidey Ho Peoples ! We've only recently received an official notification of our Major Work (Yeah I know, it's quite shocking) and as a result our teacher is really rushing us in the programming stage.

I was just wondering what sorts of programs you're allowed to use in the development of the Major Work (I was thinking of making a game using ClickTeam's stuff or similar) 'cuz my SDD teacher said you can use *ANY* program. I asked her again if she really meant ANY, and she said yes.

So yeah, just wondering! I don't wana submit my major work only to have it completely rejected 'cuz I used Super Game Maker 2000 or something.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Well your teacher marks it, its not like other subjects where official BoS people come to your school and mark it. So if your teacher gives it the ok then its fine to make

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
Programs can be really really simple.
One person in my class last year made a flash program for kids. all it did was play animations when you clicked stuff. -.-

Also i just noticed... my sig dam you!

Also to anyone who reads the sdd forum, i'm happy to help you all with sdd as much as i can. (94 in hsc last year).
add me on msn: nedim_j@hotmail.com
Though please tell me that your a sdd student, if i dont know who you are, you get deleted.

Last edited:

Zorine

HSC
Hahaha :p I see! Alright, RPGM2k here I come >=) Thanks folks!

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
Of course there is the option of asking your teacher:

"Hey Teacher guy, can I use this program that does everything for me for the major?"

Chief2666

El Zorro
HSC
well, some of the projects the people in my class are doing are just terrible, some are just making a truck that moves around the screen.

For me im making an FPS in DarkBASIC here are some screenshots:
Title
Gameplay

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
This is the screenshot for our major project. Doesnt really help for people in the hsc, just thought id show it :p. Thats a demo version so it only uses 3 airports, but any amount can be added with minor modifications. It wasnt really an enjoyable project as im not into coding animations in java, but i had no other choice since text based programs just dont have the same effect.

note: for the owners of the real flight simulator, we did not steal your name, simply 'borrowed' it :p

http://vpuni.webpal.info/SC_1.jpeg

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
use VBasic!!! VBasic!!!!! It's not free >.< But if u can get ur hands on it, it's a powerful little programming tool. I made a slot machine for my preliminary project... hmmm I wonder if I can post it up..

mehhhhh tried that... its too big for the upload limit... Sorry :\

Last edited:
HSC
our program was worth 25/100, try to look at marking criteria, remember its a snowball effect, the more complex your program the more documentation

HSC
use ActionScript that comes with Flash. It is so dead easy and there is HEAPS of support and documentation etc online.

Ghost1788

HSC
make your own little version of wordpad
simple, easy, quick
timeframe = 2-3weeks
you could just call it a htmlpad and make it save in html format....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)