• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Progress Logbook (NO OFF TOPIC PLS) (1 Viewer)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I did mention some stuff if you read it

Everyone procrastinates, it's about how to minimise it
u just gotta know how to rock ur boat if that makes sense. u gotta get into that flow where u know u prepared and shii, and be able to know if ur not, and then make a comeback. thats the secret sauce

dav53521

HSC
split personality disorder
yeah i've been ramping up my efforts and wondering when i should start trial papers - is feb too early (for phys or math and sdd)? and if doing it that ahead is worth it or ideal
For SDD start doing algorithm / desk-checking questions asap as they are the hardest questions in the main topic the rest are pretty much just recall content and if it's a scenario question then it's apply your knowledge using the scenario, so I will say as soon as you master the standard algorithms / the weird syntax NESA uses for pseduocode, practice algorithm questions. For the doing full papers start doing them as soon as you get a decent idea on the main content as the past papers will give you a decent idea about how to answer each of the key verbs as if you don't shape your answer around the key verb then you're not gonna get top marks. For option topic 2 at least it's pretty much know how to deal with data streams, circuits, binary arithmetic, how to write algorithms for data stream questions (and probs some other stuff I forgot)

carrotsss

HSC
Carrotss studying schedule is decent but by no means something to be like "WOAH", its legit just marking and analysing his past papers which is the most easiest and doable task (and most important).
Yeah my schedule is pretty much just past papers on weekends, analysis in study periods and then assessments/English after school

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
oh do you mean vertical spacing like \vspace? or a newline (message me if you can't comment here).
the pdf export has messed with the layout a bit (for example, the elastic collisions formulas bleed into the inelastic ones)

@Aeonium

yea the pdf export mustve messed it up then, just need \vspace and its all goods

kkk579

hello
HSC
todays looking much better
i get so much work done in frees
I honestly don’t get people who say they can focus better at school than home. Like, with all that noise in the background? I fear for myself in senior years, the more frees i have the more time i’d probably waste

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
I honestly don’t get people who say they can focus better at school than home. Like, with all that noise in the background? I fear for myself in senior years, the more frees i have the more time i’d probably waste
lmao i'm the opposite, i always go to the school library/local library to get work done + study bc i get distracted at home

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
imo (this is for me) home has way too many distractions, it's already hard for me personally to sit still, so home isn't really the environment that motivates me. I mean it's feasible and I do study at home a lot, but I prefer to study at school, especially during frees (from my experience, it's so quiet and I can get a lot done). I like to go to the libraries as well, it's the kind of environment that just makes you want to just buckle down and do work

ultimately ik it's not just environment and you need to put your own incentive to study despite your circumstances but the environment can help

hscgirl

HSC
yeah, i feel like i cant rlly focus at school either bc i find myself talking and chatting to ppl too much during class lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)