Progress Logbook (NO OFF TOPIC PLS) (2 Viewers)

breadcrumbs

HSC
7/09
- stayed at home today bc i couldnt be bothered going to school
- did an adv maths trial paper (did pretty well but i think it was on the easier end)
- was unable to resist the urge of lying in my bed and falling asleep so i took an hr and a half nap
- gotta catch up on mod hist notes bc we are abt to finish the course FIANALLYYYYY yr12 mod hist actually took away all of my passion for this subject after i was reeled in by how interesting the yr11 course was

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
- gotta catch up on mod hist notes bc we are abt to finish the course FIANALLYYYYY yr12 mod hist actually took away all of my passion for this subject after i was reeled in by how interesting the yr11 course was
i feel like it was a bit of a drag finishing the last parts of the course ngl (we only had the last dot-point to go and it was really easy but it felt so weird and felt like it dragged on even though it didn't </3). i was wondering what topics you're doing in y12 for the course (out of curiosity)? i personally found y12 mod hist much more fun than y11 (probably cos i flopped the first task in year 11 with a sixty-percent something mark... 😭 )

breadcrumbs

HSC
i feel like it was a bit of a drag finishing the last parts of the course ngl (we only had the last dot-point to go and it was really easy but it felt so weird and felt like it dragged on even though it didn't </3). i was wondering what topics you're doing in y12 for the course (out of curiosity)? i personally found y12 mod hist much more fun than y11 (probably cos i flopped the first task in year 11 with a sixty-percent something mark... 😭 )
yr12 topics were core, usa 1919-1941, conflict in the pacific and civil rights in the usa. i personally found usa 1919-1941 the most dreadful topic in the whole course and super boring due to its heavy emphasis on mostly economics so after that i literally lost all motivation. conflict in pacific was better but was honestly still a bore to me. however the national study (civil rights) has been my favourite topic so far so its alright rn

i also think im just biased towards the short/long response qns instead of the 25 mark essays

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
yr12 topics were core, usa 1919-1941, conflict in the pacific and civil rights in the usa. i personally found usa 1919-1941 the most dreadful topic in the whole course and super boring due to its heavy emphasis on mostly economics so after that i literally lost all motivation. conflict in pacific was better but was honestly still a bore to me. however the national study (civil rights) has been my favourite topic so far so its alright rn

i also think im just biased towards the short/long response qns instead of the 25 mark essays
yeah that's pretty valid, apart from the core i did completely diff topics but if there was a heavy emphasis on economics i wouldn't have enjoyed it either, one of my section iv topics was about economic reform and it involved reading through different economic stats and stuff which was kind of a bore to finish and make notes off of

funny you say that cos i think it's the opposite for me (25 markers > short responses), cos i've always found it harder to lose marks in the 25 marker than the core and change in the modern world sections - after getting my trial back and losing all my marks in the core i'm never thinking of the core study as 'free marks and common sense' ever again

breadcrumbs

HSC
funny you say that cos i think it's the opposite for me (25 markers > short responses), cos i've always found it harder to lose marks in the 25 marker than the core and change in the modern world sections - after getting my trial back and losing all my marks in the core i'm never thinking of the core study as 'free marks and common sense' ever again
i preferred essays in yr11 and they were my strong point, but when yr12 started i found it difficult to keep up with the sheer amount of content and details i needed to remember, especially for the topics i disliked. in the trial i ended up blanking a bit in both 25 mark essays (probably due to the consequence of my own actions and attempting to revise the entire course within 24hrs) but i ended up doing pretty well overall since i did very well in core + changes in the modern world

honestly i think in the end it was just my enjoyment of the topics which resulted in my marks since personally my ranking (best to worst) is changes in mod world, core, conflict then national study

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)