• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Progress Logbook (NO OFF TOPIC PLS) (2 Viewers)

carrotsss

HSC
this week (monday-friday)
- pretty much nothing ik it sucks
i wanted to get a lot done which didn't happen
to be fair i was sick the whole week and had formal,grad etc so yeah
I did nothing this week (and didn’t plan on it), like you gotta enjoy your last week of school ever

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Finished trials 5 weeks ago and all I’ve done school wise is 1 mx2 paper.
I’m gonna be one of those people who’s gives up after trials and flops hsc.
I got complacent and just gamed/procrastinated after trials then school got really busy with grad stuff the past week or two cause they make it a huge thing at my school
I need to grind these holidays to have a chance, but idek where to start.
Any advice?

carrotsss

HSC
Finished trials 5 weeks ago and all I’ve done school wise is 1 mx2 paper.
I’m gonna be one of those people who’s gives up after trials and flops hsc.
I got complacent and just gamed/procrastinated after trials then school got really busy with grad stuff the past week or two cause they make it a huge thing at my school
I need to grind these holidays to have a chance, but idek where to start.
Any advice?
honestly my plan is just to spend 2 weeks tryahrding English and then dive straight back into past papers (maybe ease urself in with some easier ones) and try to be as thorough as possible in covering every content gap.

synthesisFR

HSC
honestly my plan is just to spend 2 weeks tryahrding English and then dive straight back into past papers (maybe ease urself in with some easier ones) and try to be as thorough as possible in covering every content gap.
How far r u for English in terms of what u have prepared

carrotsss

HSC
How far r u for English in terms of what u have prepared
I’m happy with my 1984 essay, need to brush up my modA/B a tiny bit, happy with my discursive (need to improve the reflection a tiny bit) and then need to get better at short answers

surprisingly not too much to do, I sent my teacher so much stuff before trials so I sorta got through everything and now I can just focus on getting everything memorised early and practising more

synthesisFR

HSC
Anyways whatever
I need a sleep guide @jimmysmith560
Pls give tips on the weeks before hsc
Like sleeping taking care of urself excercise etc
Bc I don’t wanna stress and then if I stress before exams I can’t sleep which happened in trials it honestly sucks and feels horrible so pls give me tips on how to make sure I fall asleep quick by the times my exams r due

carrotsss

HSC
IMAGINE HOW GOOD I COULD HAVE BEEN IF I HAD A GOOD TEACHERR
english is so unfair w teachers like I had a bad teacher last year and a good one this year and it made such a difference

it’s ok though ur actually good at english you’ll still do amazing

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Anyways whatever
Bc I don’t wanna stress and then if I stress before exams I can’t sleep which happened in trials it honestly sucks and feels horrible so pls give me tips on how to make sure I fall asleep quick by the times my exams r due
I would like a sleep guide too

synthesisFR

HSC
english is so unfair w teachers like I had a bad teacher last year and a good one this year and it made such a difference

it’s ok though ur actually good at english you’ll still do amazing
I’m gonna take that compliment and be overconfident even if it means being delusional
I need confidence more than anything rn
Thanks for that tbh I hope u have a very prosperous life and a state rank in maths and an amazing future and whatever else u aspire in life and I hope to meet u in uni some day

carrotsss

HSC
I’m gonna take that compliment and be overconfident even if it means being delusional
I need confidence more than anything rn
Thanks for that tbh I hope u have a very prosperous life and a state rank in maths and an amazing future and whatever else u aspire in life and I hope to meet u in uni some day
if you go to usyd we will !!

breadcrumbs

HSC
guys idk what to do for english like after our last lesson my teacher didnt say anything abt giving us feedback during the holidays but for trials she legit gave back our work the day before english paper 1 so it literally was not useful at all

and also she always gives super base level feedback like fix wording or make this more concise

also kinda self taught the whole course to myself with the help of my friends who actually have a good teacher

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560 pls make the guide
Sorry for the delay. I used to sleep quite well during year 12. That has unfortunately changed significantly since I started university and work in 2020 (@Life'sHard where you at haha). Since HSC exams contribute the remaining 50% of your overall HSC marks across your subjects and constitute a great opportunity to solidify your overall performance, as well as make comebacks in particular subjects (if applicable), it is important to ensure that you sleep well during the few remaining weeks. This means sleeping and waking up early, as well as sleeping long enough for your brain and body to recover. You can also take naps during the day, although you probably will not need to if you are sleeping well.

I used to set a particular time for when I should stop studying and get ready to sleep. When I was preparing for my HSC exams, that was between 8-10 pm. If I happen to need more time on a particular day (which is not something that I experienced often, and you should ideally not need to do this altogether), I would extend my study time until midnight. However, I always ensured that I went to sleep no later than midnight (and preferably closer to 10 pm). My wake-up time was between 7-9 am, which allowed me to ensure that I got enough sleep while still waking up reasonably early.

If it is difficult for you to adjust your sleeping schedule, you should approach this gradually. For example, coming back to school after the holidays, I would not be able to fall asleep earlier because I became used to sleeping and waking up late during the holidays. This can be addressed by gradually going to sleep and waking up earlier, such as half an hour every day, rather than 2 hours in one day.

Taking regular breaks and eating well/healthy are elements that you should consider as they will allow you to make sure that you maintain your physical and mental health as you approach the HSC exam period. In terms of eating, you should prioritise healthy food and perhaps avoid having large meals. Exercising is also good, and could be something to do during your breaks, as long as it is reasonable (i.e. not excessive).

In terms of managing stress, you should consider ways to make yourself comfortable and maintain a stable mindset. In my case, I am Christian, so I usually pray, especially when there are important events ahead of me (in this case, my HSC exams, but more recently, my university exams). Doing so helps me lower any stress that I may have before an exam and maintain my focus and determination to perform well. More generally, you can simply remind yourself that you are doing your best to thoroughly prepare for your HSC exams and that, regardless of the outcome, you will have given your best possible attempt at your HSC exams. Having this hardworking and rational mindset will hopefully allow you to reduce your stress before you start your HSC exams.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)