Progress, (or lack thereof) ? (1 Viewer)

Insouciance

HSC
I participated in NanoWrimo in November (and yes, I did write 50 000 words in a month) and have been updating my fan fic (yes, I am one of those lower beings), but my EE2 has gotten nowhere.

I just cannot think of a concept. Absolutely no inspiration. Can anyone suggest anything for writer's block? :confused:

Prying Pandora

HSC
Insouciance said:
updating my fan fic (yes, I am one of those lower beings),

Can anyone suggest anything for writer's block? :confused:
Hey- There's nothing wrong with fanfic- it's merely a vessel for us overly creative beings who feel the desire to explore the nether-regions of the craft ;)

And about The Block- mine is ever present now, a few people have said to write something- even the smallest amount every day to break through it- but this seems really useless in practice...

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
i thought 20 pages in my journal... and a blank page with FIRST DRAFT written on it was good progress .__o"

tez0r ur crazy =P

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Geebus, you people should calm down. My school, of which only two people participated in EE2, started early term one! Since my school had never actually run a extension two class before, they we're so sure they'd start one with only two kids. And even when they had decided, they werent sure who would take care of it!

So yeah, I started much later than you guys, and still managed a good mark for my extension two. If you're consistant, it wont be so hard to attain good marks. The only thing to be careful of are the assessments. It's strict marking, but they are absolutly fantastic! They're the only assessments I've done that treated me as a person, rather than a 17yo student. Have fun!

Insouciance

HSC
Prying Pandora said:
Hey- There's nothing wrong with fanfic- it's merely a vessel for us overly creative beings who feel the desire to explore the nether-regions of the craft ;)

And about The Block- mine is ever present now, a few people have said to write something- even the smallest amount every day to break through it- but this seems really useless in practice...
Fan fic rocks. It's helped me with my story writing so much. But one of the English teachers in my school actually used fan fiction as an example of what not to do and the words "lower beings" actually crossed her lips. :p Ah, teachers can be so amusing.

I've been using oneword.com to death and challenges from John Marsden books, and I've only just got a few ideas. Blah. I was hoping to be way more organized. And I HATE writing journal entries. HATE IT.

HSC
N/A
lol. Shall I, or shall I not help out a poor Baulko person... ooh! Wait! They called me a legend in their signature, so of course I shall! :D (hghs rivalry instantly dissipates)

I would just sit down and write whatever. Normally, you'll get to about a page or two (or even half a page) before realising whether an idea is going to work or not. And for those of you who are writing lots of little "bits" that are often only a paragraph or two, calm down! My major work started out this way.

A writer who came to our school interviewed all of us individually after reading a sample of our major works. An objective view is an amazing motivator - it gives you another perspective to bounce off. Most of us 04's are nice enough to read your major works and critique if you were to ask nicely (we did our HSC - why the heck would we want to steal your ideas? lol). Otherwise, just go about writing.

For those who are stuck on plot, a good idea might be to order it in chronological order and then in gaps where you don't know what's happening, sketch in a few plot lines that could happen. Half the problem with stories is that you're not sure what to do with your characters or what sort of ideas to bring up. So write it out - plan your story. If you have something like "Jane needs to get out of the house and into the park", then you have a writing idea handed to you on a silver platter. :)

This is just one way of getting the ball rolling, of course. But where it doesn't work one way, always be open to trying it another way. Bashing your head against a brick wall only gives you a headache :D

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
I don't feel like I'm going anywhere with my work at the moment, despite slaving at it for the last week...:(

wildfire_chic

HSC
N/A
absolution* said:
Dont worry too much about the journal. The markers dont read them unless your MW is confusing. Good luck.
Actually, we were told that the journal is really important, and worth just as much as your reflection statement and major work - we got this from our teacher, who has marked major works in previous years.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
100 words f MW done.. + a few hundred of random pieces experimenting with style etc. ._."
journal : stopped dating after the 11/12 ...

it is not required to date the journal right ? ( I guess i could just make it all up in the end ) .__."

julz1245

hm well im the opposite to most people here - my journal is packed full of crap but ive hardly written anything. i keep changing my mind and shifing ideas, half the research i've done is practically useless now. my teacher says it's normal, but i wish i could've... written the whole thing these hols and gotten it over with!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)