Project Runway (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
me too, but admittedly her dress wasn't that great.... and the bow on the head was very :/

HSC
N/A
lol @ french designer's comment to Vincent. "No, no, no, no!"

And unfortunately, totally agreed with. He never is happy with something unless it's overdone, or "too much".

I also felt Laura was a bit out of her league today... she really is stuck to corporate lines.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
glitterfairy said:
lol @ french designer's comment to Vincent. "No, no, no, no!"

And unfortunately, totally agreed with. He never is happy with something unless it's overdone, or "too much".

I also felt Laura was a bit out of her league today... she really is stuck to corporate lines.
Totally agree.

On a side note but I loved Jeffrey's dress. It was couture. The rest were just too not creative, not out there enough.

HSC
N/A
Agreed. His was the only one that really went "out there".

My mum was watching the show with me, giving out random comments like "no-one would wear that", etc etc. Duh! Couture isn't meant to be "worn", it's supposed to be over-the-top, and more conceptual/exaggerated rather than wearable...

Anyone want to guess how Angela would have fared in this challenge? :p

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i always consider couture to be the fashion equivalent to Car makers producing "concept cars". Couture is fashion filled with ideas for future wearable collections.
I loved jeffery's and am soooooooooooooooooooooooo happy that vincent is out.

I thought michael and uli's were a little school-formally and that the top of kane's dress (once again) looked like a costume with all the sparkly bits.

I think it will be a jeff/uli/michael final three.

EDIT: i don't understand why laura would try so hard to produce something the judges hadnt seen from her last week (jetsetter challenge) and then produce something like she did (and has done) for a couture challenge?! if anything, this challenge was probably more suited to showing something different from her norm.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Yes but Laura is unversatile, remember? :p Her silhouettes are all the same. The style is basically all in the one vein. I do think she has a great personal style, but seems destined to design for like, a mass-marketing chain (albeit one going for a classy look) than actually having enough "oomph" for her own fashion line.

God I love Kayne (yeah I watched the opening credits carefully today) but he made a pageant dress. From the boning to the high slit, it was a pageant dress, plain and simple. He can't seem to step outside of that... :(

I too am beginning to see jeff/uli/michael in top three. I think they'll all have FABULOUS collections and really feel sorry for the judges to have to pick between them >.< Of those three I think jeff and michael will have the most "range" though... Uli always has cute things but in terms of WOW factor I think the guys can pull out more show-stopping pieces that just make my jaw drop.

HSC
N/A
Michael should have won :(

I seriously thought Laura or Kayne was going to go (Angela and Vincent never had a chance of winning, in all seriousness). Then Laura won? Crazy.

I hated Laura's dress. I have no idea what the judges saw in it.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
No way! I wanted Laura to win. She DID stretch herself this time. I think that's what they saw, and the stretch was far from being a failure. I also think that the products everyone came up with were fairly poor this challenge.

LOL at Angela. I laughed when she stuffed that shit in her bag. There's such a difference. Michael lines his bag. Angela found a bag and hid her scraps! Fail fail massive fail.

I so agreed when they gave us a preview and you hear "the judges can almost predict exactly what you'll put on the runway". So very true. Most of the ones left have a specific style and they constantly repeat themselves.

You know, I really like Uli's dresses, but I just burst out laughing when she said shit about Miami again. Oh her.

daledugahole

HSC
None of the dresses were actually that stand out as fabulous for me. It was all pretty mundane.

I hated the legging things that went with Jeff's dress it just screamed hooker.

I acutally thought Laura's dress was pretty much the norm she always presents. I guess I just didn't see what the judges saw. It was a pretty dress but not really out of the box of what she usually does.

I didn't really like the challenge. It make all the outfits boring. None of them wowed me which was sad.

Even Kayne's was a little boring. I would rather wear Kayne's dress than Jeff's but Jeff's did show more creativity.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
If I were doing the dress I'd totally buy extra material that was translucent black to put on a block of white material - get some greyscales happening - ie black to gradual white. What is with them and block standard material? (except uli, she found a print)

I agree, none of them were outstanding.

Lol and Michael telling Kane it reminded him of a "working girl".

HSC
N/A
ok, so I didn't hate Laura's dress... but I didn't see anything hugely special in it :/

Then again, maybe I was going off clothes that I would have worn. All in all I thought it was a ridiculous challenge and I don't know what they did that "you must use all your fabric scraps" thing? It's like making it hard for the sake of making it hard. Why couldn't they just ask them to revamp the black-and-white look to make it hip and modern?

Very interested to see what they'll do next week. What do you want to bet that Uli will work with prints? lol

HSC
N/A
:O

oh...my...god!

I was panicking, thinking who was going to go between Jeff and Michael.. I didn't want either of them to go! THEN THEY BOTH GOT IN! YAY!!!

And I'm so suprised Uli pulled it off, I thought she was a goner for sure! And :'( for Jeffrey, he showed his soft side for once and it got mauled, poor thing. And I don't have high hope's for Laura's collection.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i was worried too. they were both really good.

I think laura should use different colours than black white and cream\pale colours. if she made, like, a green dress or something it would look completely different from her norm.

i like the model that uli stole from michael. :p

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Oh my god I almost had a heartattack! How dare they play on my nerves like that!!!

HSC
N/A
I feel sad for Michael that he lost his model, but it's good that he's not dwelling on it overmuch (like Nick from last season) and seems to be rolling on just fine still :)

Did anyone else see Kayne's model gasp when she wasn't chosen :p what a drama queen!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I missed the beginning :(

But they all really sucked this week, Uli was really lucky to pull it out of the bag.

I cannot wait to see what they do for their collections though. I wonder about Laura's range though, she always uses the same colors and really similar silhouettes.

I freaking love Jeffrey though, I mean at least he tries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)