Project - Stalin (1 Viewer)

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Hi,

I am going to do contrasting biographies of Stalin for my project, but I have a few questions. What should my focus be when writing the project? What aspects of the biographies should I look at most closely? Any suggestions on books around that would be useful to look at?

Thanks a lot

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
u need to focus on why the historians have wriiten what they did...what CAUSED the change of opion...look at the major work i posted if u need more claification! U should use the biographies to show WHY historians have given this particular portrayal...as in biography written by a rusiian communist = good portrayal..cos hes a rusiian comunist leader! get my drift?????

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
That sounds interesting..One element you could consider is how historiography concerning Stalin changed following his 1956 denunciation by Kruschev.. Good luck with it.

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
Just a word of warning--

Stalin is a part (to whichever degree) of the Modern History Syllabus and I'm not sure but he might be somewhere in the Extension History course too.

If you haven't already checked, you might want to just make sure any ideas you have don't overlap (to a considerable extent) with those courses. Initially I was doing Stalin and had to change my topic because my direction, in places, overlapped too greatly with the predesigned courses.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
My teacher was the one who suggested that I do Lenin or Stalin for my project so I don't think it's an issue. She suggested it because it will tie in with Modern, becuase we are doing Russia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)