• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Project to counter Holocaust denial (4 Viewers)

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
It's all fine and dandy for those unaffected by the Holocaust to say "move on already, ffs." I guess in all honesty I would respond in a similar fashion to another tragedy if another group of people kept on bitching about it.

But no, it is impossible to move on. Forgetting history is how it is repeated. It is also hard for many of those personally involved to move on. I grew up with a significantly diminished family due to the Holocaust - I missed enjoying having a large extended family personally.

Also, by the same logic, all those related to those killed in the Deir Yassin massacre and killed in the alleged Jenin 'massacre,' both significantly smaller scale tragedies, should also 'move on'? But most anti-Israel people won't have a word of that.

Can't have it both ways.

Moenique

HSC
It's all fine and dandy for those unaffected by the Holocaust to say "move on already, ffs." I guess in all honesty I would respond in a similar fashion to another tragedy if another group of people kept on bitching about it.

But no, it is impossible to move on. Forgetting history is how it is repeated. It is also hard for many of those personally involved to move on. I grew up with a significantly diminished family due to the Holocaust - I missed enjoying having a large extended family personally.

Also, by the same logic, all those related to those killed in the Deir Yassin massacre and killed in the alleged Jenin 'massacre,' both significantly smaller scale tragedies, should also 'move on'? But most anti-Israel people won't have a word of that.

Can't have it both ways.
Um, so have I?
But the fact of the matter is, no matter how many lives were lost, no matter how many families had to re - build from scratch - it is OVER, done. A long, long time ago.

Seeing my Grandfather battle with depression all the years he was alive was truly upsetting, but he even said himself that the only way to better things is to move on. Which is obviously quite logical.

History is repeated because of ignorance, and hatred; not from moving on.

People chose to thrive on pity, but it doesn't get you anywhere in life.

Barmble

HSC
Israel launched an attack on Sudan last week

It went unnoticed on the news

wtfbbq?
They didn't attack Sudan, they attacked terrorists inside Sudan carrying weapons into Egypt. It was like two months ago, and it was on the news.

This thread is stupid.

kokodamonkey

HSC
it does seem like mass-media has been focused on the "Jewish" holocaust, when infact millions Polaks (My Countrymen), Russians, Germans (Civilians and Opposition to Hitler), and other non-jewish groups were killed, tortured etc. People from my country are made out to be bastards during the war-era, due to writings aimed at creating a focal point on Jews.

i think that in one sense, people do have a right to express their opinion, and question everything, but with an issue with so much evidence and proof, those people who outright "deny" it are plain foolish.

in my opinion Jews have been "milking" the holocaust in certain situations, influencing the media to focus on them, whilst the millions of others who died and suffered are rarely mentioned.

thats just my 2 cents, before the Jews take that too.
exactly!

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
Um, so have I?
But the fact of the matter is, no matter how many lives were lost, no matter how many families had to re - build from scratch - it is OVER, done. A long, long time ago.

Seeing my Grandfather battle with depression all the years he was alive was truly upsetting, but he even said himself that the only way to better things is to move on. Which is obviously quite logical.

History is repeated because of ignorance, and hatred; not from moving on.

People chose to thrive on pity, but it doesn't get you anywhere in life.

Your missing the point. There is a big difference between "moving on" and "forgetting". Your interpretation of moving on is basically a suger-coated version of "Hmm, the Holocaust,shit, oh well, lets move on".

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Getting back to the real issues in this thread - free translation of a text which has proven to be false... in order to promote something which never happened.
Hmm... anyone see the problem here?

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
Getting back to the real issues in this thread - free translation of a text which has proven to be false... in order to promote something which never happened.

Que?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
This thread is so fucked up. 2/3s of Jewish people in the whole of europe were killed, that's why it's significant.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Care to explain?

HSC
I'm so sick of the Jewish community bitching on about the Holocaust.
It wasn't just "their kind" that died.
Because of them and the Nazi regime, pretty much my whole family died in Poland during World War Two, and they were all fucking Roman Catholic.

I do believe in the Holocaust because my grandparents lived through it, but millions of "non - Jewish" civilians died during this time, and they really need to fucking move on like the rest of the world.

I'm going to want to kill myself when I have to do 50th Gate later in the year. Everything is always in the Jewish perspective.

They should have thought twice when they went and killed Christ.

P.s Nothing of what I wrote seems relevant to this thread to me haha, but this topic really makes me angry.
:bomb:
You're probably a jew.

Many jews took up catholicism after fleeing to Australia.

kthxbai.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
6 million litres of juice went missing in World War II.

waiting for JaredR to call us all "anti Semitic"
lol

I criticise the Israeli population, or most of them anyway, because they elect batshit insane people like Benjamin Netanyahu to leadership of their country.
Benjamin Netanyahu is my favourite constipating Israeli politician.
HHHNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

You're probably a jew.

Many jews took up catholicism after fleeing to Australia.

kthxbai.
lol

gypo101

HSC
i do no deny that the holocaust happened, i no it did and it is sad wat some people can do and what others let them do
it is a good reminder for us also to not repeat the past
but i do find it....unique?that wat is renown and most widely talked about event is the Jewish holocaust
i know that ~6 million jews died i am not denying it and i am not happy bout it but wat about other holocausts? What about things like the Armenian Genoicde, why have people not made as much of a ruckus about this one than the Jewish Genocide. The Armenian genoicde is just one of many others:burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)