Project Topic (1 Viewer)

historynerd12

HSC
So I am want to do History Extension next year, and I was thinking of doing my project topic on History in the Media. I was just wondering how common this topic was for the projects because I don't want to do an 'overused' topic.
Thanks for you help!

samanthaeardley

HSC
That's very broad and it might be hard to focus on historiography of that topic, which is what history extension is about. I suggest choosing an event or personality, and if you still wish to bring in media, make your focus question surrounding...how the media has influenced it's/ their portrayal?? You need to make it as easy as possible to research for this project, so pick something with heaps of information available and even better if theirs been large amount of debate over time. You may not want to do something overused, but then at least you know there's information available.
I changed my topic 6 times because I wanted to do something original, but in the end they were just too hard to find solid information on! So I went with a mainstream topic that I have a large interest in & has plenty of historian and literature attention- JFK. Also, it's marked internally and if you're doing a topic someone in your school has done before 99% chance your approach/question will be original. Goodluck :):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)