projectile concept help (1 Viewer)

yashbb

HSC
i have a question. when do i know to make because sometimes i have to for the height and others not. This is in regards to finding Sy btw.

Lith_30

o_o
HSC
Uni Grad
when the projectile is launched horizontally. You can find through the following methods.

1. Use , since we can simplify the expression to

2. Use , which can be rearranged to

yashbb

HSC
when the projectile is launched horizontally. You can find through the following methods.

1. Use , since we can simplify the expression to

2. Use , which can be rearranged to
ohhhh ok thank you so much

uniqueusername1

HSC
i have a question. when do i know to make because sometimes i have to for the height and others not. This is in regards to finding Sy btw.
?

Uy=0 occurs when the projectile it at its max height

yashbb

HSC
?

Uy=0 occurs when the projectile it at its max height
but sometimes in questions where max height needs to be found, and the projectile has been launched horizontally, there is no higher the object can go and thus there is no upwards velocity is my understanding from @Lith_30 explanation.

uniqueusername1

HSC
but sometimes in questions where max height needs to be found, and the projectile has been launched horizontally, there is no higher the object can go and thus there is no upwards velocity is my understanding from @Lith_30 explanation.
yeah if it is launched horizontally the max height is at the initial velocity which is vy=0. Like throwing a ball off a table.

yashbb

HSC
yeah if it is launched horizontally the max height is at the initial velocity which is vy=0. Like throwing a ball off a table.
is it not more like rolling a ball off a table? because then there is no additional height.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
is it not more like rolling a ball off a table? because then there is no additional height.
Yeah, if it is launched at an angle that is not vertical or horizontal, there will always be vertical and horizontal components for the velocity.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I doubt they'd ask the max height for the projectile if it rolled of a table or its launched horizontally. The trajectory is half a parabola in essence so the point it rolled of or was "launched horizontally" would be max height. I presume they might ask for height the ball was launched at, and in that case you would simply use the equations to find it.

(since u_y = 0) (v_y = u_y+gt therefore v_y = gt)

1635041726143.png
note: this is given if the ball has 0 initial vertical velocity, if it doesn't you would just find use v_y = u_y + gt as normal.

uniqueusername1

HSC
I doubt they'd ask the max height for the projectile if it rolled of a table or its launched horizontally. The trajectory is half a parabola in essence so the point it rolled of or was "launched horizontally" would be max height. I presume they might ask for height the ball was launched at, and in that case you would simply use the equations to find it.

(since u_y = 0) (v_y = u_y+gt therefore v_y = gt)

View attachment 32914
Enjoy Mod 5 its really fun and Mod 6 is probs the most fun (hardest for some lol).
Mod 7 and 8 is just aight.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Enjoy Mod 5 its really fun and Mod 6 is probs the most fun (hardest for some lol).
Mod 7 and 8 is just aight.
Yeah I finished it, it was pretty good overall. I enjoyed P.M the most, Circular Motion and Space were pretty cool as well. I cant be bothered to start Mod 6.

also ye i already use strive its pretty mad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)