Projectile Motion question (1 Viewer)

dulip

HSC
Find the speed and direction of a particle which, when projected from a point 15m above the horizontal ground, just clears the top of a wall 26.25m high and 30m away.

I don't need a full worked solution, but maybe some tips on how to get there? I can't get an answer

thanks
(from fitzpatrick 3u by the way)

Last edited:

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
mw too, i got same type of question :: A cricket ball is hit so that it reach a height of 25m and strikes the ground 100m from the bat. Find the magnitude and direction of the initial velocity

help me plz, thank u

Alkenes

HSC
N/A
start by drawing a nice diagram....get expressions for vertical and horizontal displacements

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
start by drawing a nice diagram....get expressions for vertical and horizontal displacements

and then ? i tried to make it in Cartesian which has only x and y , but still stuck by V and angle : (

Alkenes

HSC
N/A
find the equation of the path followed by the particle (cricket ball in ur case)

sub in x n y displacemetns in the equation.....u will get a quadratic in tan theta....solve it ...u will get angles :)
and then ? i tried to make it in Cartesian which has only x and y , but still stuck by V and angle : (

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
find the equation of the path followed by the particle (cricket ball in ur case)

sub in x n y displacemetns in the equation.....u will get a quadratic in tan theta....solve it ...u will get angles :)

hold on hold on , but there still have "v" in equation ? ,, btw i will try again, maybe i did something wrong @_@

barbernator

HSC
dude, traiwit, dont shark someone elses thread bro, make your own.

for dulip's question, are there any other restrictions, because the angle and velocity can both be varied to achieve the required restrictions.

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
dude, traiwit, dont shark someone elses thread bro, make your own.

for dulip's question, are there any other restrictions, because the angle and velocity can both be varied to achieve the required restrictions.
No that's it, A cricket ball is hit so that it reach a height of 25m and strikes the ground 100m from the bat. Find the magnitude and direction of the initial velocity

from book 3 unit math book 2 S.B.Jones

barbernator

HSC
No that's it, A cricket ball is hit so that it reach a height of 25m and strikes the ground 100m from the bat. Find the magnitude and direction of the initial velocity

from book 3 unit math book 2 S.B.Jones
dude notice i said "FOR DULIPS QUESTION" implying i was talking about the dude who posted the original question, the only question that matters on this thread. I'm not going to answer your question until you make your own thread.

dulip

HSC
I asked a few of my friends and yeah, apparently not enough information
It's from exercise 25d) Q24 in JB Fitz 3U if anyone is interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)