projectile motion (1 Viewer)

Tony Crouch

Projectile Motion Comments

Hey There,
Well after reading all your comments and having done a few projectile questions throughout my HSC year this year, i've come up with an alternative way of solving projectile questions.

I prefer to solve these questions working directly from first principles, the most crucial formula being:

time = Sq. Rt. of 2h/g

This formula can be derived from Newton's laws of motion.

Another useful formula is:

Vertical velocity = Sq. Rt. of 2gh

This formula can be direction from the conservation of energy (i.e that energy cannot be created nor destoryed but only changed form).

so these formulas along with the other norms should provide extremely valuable and save alot of time buggerising around with other formulas and substituting in here there and everywhere, something i could never get the grasp of.

Feel free to reply to this message either in the forum or to me personal, i'd like to hear your thoughts :)

Thanks for your time,
Tony Crouch.

Dino The Raja

If uve done a lot of projectile motion in 3u maths, projectile motio in phys should seem easier to you. The key here (just like maths) is to do a lot of it. Break down the horizontal and vertical directions separately and using the main 3 equations (v = u +at etc) find out which one mathes with the info given to you.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)