Promo Design and deadlines!!!! (1 Viewer)

roxy_malibu

HSC
Hey everyone

I'm new to the forum (wish I'd known about it earlier)
I'm doing promo and design for HSC this year and I'm really stuck with what should go on / in the
Poster
Flyer
Program
Media Release
About all I've got going for me at the moment is a pretty solid log book, and a pretty solid 'visual' log book.
My art stuff is OK - but I don't know what credits/text to put on each of the designs.
Is there anywhere I can go to view 'past examples'. I've been to Onstage - but didn't take enough notes etc (Didn't realise how important it was)
Can anyone help?
Thnx in advance
Roxy_malibu:(

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
i got no idea....i picked the same thing and at the moment all im doing is making up sample posters

wat play r u doing? im ding oedipus and its so hard. i still havent picked a theatre cos my teacher didnt like the one i picked

roxy_malibu

HSC
Im doing Meat Party - and i chose playbox theatre in Melbourne (they've put it on once before)
i have to hand in draft of poster, program, flyer, and media release + rationale and speech this tuesday (gulp!) spent the whole weekend on it...wish me luck

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
LOTS AND LOTS OF LUCK!!! ill cross my fingers for you!

i dont have to hand anything up yet but i have heaps of stuff. ive done two draft posters and started on a flyer and a program but im so confused!!! wat do we have to do for the media release? and the rationale...im lost on what to do!

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Hey roxy-malibu...how did you know that I won the hothouse poster comp!?!
I don't know how I can help you, I do art and learnt stuff from my dad, an artist, but feel free to ask me questions...

The_DJ

HSC
Hey guys..

I'm so glad that people are interested in doing poster and promotions.. i think its the best design project to do..

Anyways.. I did poster and promotions (Meat Party) last year and got full marks for the project.. it even went in onstage which was pretty cool.. I've already helped roxy with her project and would like to share it all with you..

The key and most important aspect in poster and any design project is a clear and focused rationale.. once a rough rationale is established work on a poster design and keep at it.. always tweeking the rationale when a new idea is formed during the creative process of the poster.. once a draft poster is made.. intertwine it throughtout the project.. remembering about the rationale.. (i can't stress it enough!) Also another important aspect is your theatre company.. i used Belvoir street theatre as my location but made up my theatre company fitting into the theme of 'Meat Party'.. Lastly leave all the text work til last as they can be easily done.. work on the design concept first..

..An meggymoo.. media release can be anything.. from interview with director/actor/set designer etc.., a preview or review of the play, article on the play itself.. what ever tickles your fancy.. I did a preview and just based it on other previews around at that time in the newpapers, internet etc.. .. its pretty easy once you know how..

Anyways.. have fun and good luck! Any questions.. just post away!

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! no more questions for the moment but if a little question pops into my head ill ask you! i saw your promo and design (i think) and it freaked me out cos i was like "oh my god these ppl are sophistimacated!" and then my teacher had to tell me to stop stressing cos i was being silly and ill do fine...little does she know! oh well...thanks!!!

Charlie_88

oooh!
after looking at an exemplar example that had a newspaper article, i was getting it confused in my head that i had to do one of those AS WELL AS media release. it just occurred to me (after reading this) that that was just THEIR media release in a different form to what i was thinking. thats good then, i wasnt looking forward to writing an article like that.
my theatre company is company b, so theyve got their own style of media release i can work with.
im doing holy day btw, if anyone was interested

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)