Proofs Help (1 Viewer)

icycledough

HSC
Would methods that use the calculator be accepted in the HSC though? Cause I thought you'd need to prove it without evaluating anything, correct me if I'm wrong tho I have just begun this stuff lmao
I don't think it would be appropriate to use a calculator and justify your answer by those means, as the question would be testing your knowledge and understanding of how to approach it. A calculator can confirm the result for you, but the working out should be a legitimate way (can be one of the 4 ways above).

Epicman69

HSC
I don't think it would be appropriate to use a calculator and justify your answer by those means, as the question would be testing your knowledge and understanding of how to approach it. A calculator can confirm the result for you, but the working out should be a legitimate way (can be one of the 4 ways above).
No like I meant, the 4 method provided all used the calculator as part of the solution for example, the binomial theorem ones given evaluated the binomial expansion of (1+1/9)^9, so would that be accepted?

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
No like I meant, the 4 method provided all used the calculator as part of the solution for example, the binomial theorem ones given evaluated the binomial expansion of (1+1/9)^9, so would that be accepted?
Proofs 2 and 3 can be completed without using a calculator by simply continuing in fractions and doing the calculations manually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)