Property economics!!! (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
This course sounds to me on initial inspection like a tafe course, but then i discoverd its a 4year program!!! that is a long time for a course that seems a bit bodgy in its name (please dunt take offense, none intended).

I am damn interested in this it sounds mad and everything but am worried about career prospects and recognition for the degree?

if someone could tell me something specific about this course that they think would help in making a decision on doing it would be highly appreciated.

I've always had an extreme interest in property I PREDICTED THE PROPERTY BOOM!!!! i said to my dad one day "dad, mark my words, sydneys house prices are waaaay to low, in 10 years they'll be 5x as much" i begged him to take out a million dollar loan and buy every house he could with it... but.. i was ignored :( unlucky eh! the point of that was that im not just wasting ur time and exploring a wide range of options, i would really like to do this course, but need some sense of security, someone i know hu knows someone that is doing this course said it is really easy, i dunt want a course that is really easy, i want something that is hard, so i can go out with some skills!!!

thanks in advance

PS: any idea on salaries would be a help

raybow

HSC
N/A
eheyz

the downpoints of such a course is that the majority of people that work within the properrty industry graduate from TAFE, as it is much fast (not like the 4 years at UTS)
and employment is much easier to find....as TAFE GRads are paid less....hence a more attractive perosn for employers.....

this course can be difficult.....as most things are ...especially if you lose interest

this course is not so much residential....and if your interested in residential property related courses....TAFE is the way to go!

also since this course is SOOOOOOOOOOOO concise and UNFLEXIBLE as it is not like a normal economics course with many options for majors/minors.....property economics u deal with topics/modules of that nature.....not to much vaariation...
so dont make a mistake!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)