proposal (1 Viewer)

miss_teneille

HSC
i was just wondering how everyone is going with their proposals. i have started mine and we have to include:
a working title
statement of intent
inspiration
outline of preliminary research
planned method and process
reflection on critical factors for success
(i'm not sure if this assessment is the same for everyone)

i am writing five short stories and have already drafted one and a half. i'm not sure if that is making this proposal process more difficult. i'm confused about what to say in my statement of intent and what to say in my planned method and process...

if anyone has an example of their proposal they don't mine posting i would be internally greatful.

thanks (please use this thread for any general discussion of proposals)

gwemma88

HSC
We had to hand in our proposals at the end of last term so i have already done mine. Sort of good in a way as these holidays we are able to concentrate on developing our ideas instead of thinking up some.

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
I should probably begin working on my proposal. Kinda hard though, as i know that it is due sometime towards the beginning of term, but we haven't been told what format its gotta be in or anything.

Sure i could start writting one generally though, as I do have my idea. All the sorts of headings and stuff others say they needed to include should give a fair indication.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hi miss_ teinille, there is a thread with advice on writing a proposal as well as a proposal posted(mine) that you might want want to check it out, here is the link:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=92292

Your statement of intent is exactly that, its you presenting your idea and saying: "This is what i'm doing and it's gonna be about bla bla" (exact a bit more depth lol). Planned method and process is how you plan to make this work happen, who/what are you gonna research? Why? Also *how* are you going to research ( as opposed to preliminary reseach which is an account for what you have done already ) - it also takes into account other things like how you plan to go forward in writing it, what techniques are vital and so on.

Anyway, hopefully my ramblings have been of some help, and if they haven't I am sure glitterfairy will come along and set things to rights for you eventually lol

J

jhakka

kami said:
Hi miss_ teinille, there is a thread with advice on writing a proposal as well as a proposal posted(mine) that you might want want to check it out, here is the link:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=92292

Your statement of intent is exactly that, its you presenting your idea and saying: "This is what i'm doing and it's gonna be about bla bla" (exact a bit more depth lol). Planned method and process is how you plan to make this work happen, who/what are you gonna research? Why? Also *how* are you going to research ( as opposed to preliminary reseach which is an account for what you have done already ) - it also takes into account other things like how you plan to go forward in writing it, what techniques are vital and so on.

Anyway, hopefully my ramblings have been of some help, and if they haven't I am sure glitterfairy will come along and set things to rights for you eventually lol
As above:
General proposal chitchat would be better here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/9/english-extension-2/92292/assessment-proposal.html

Don't let that stop you from posting here, but the other thread is more appealing due to the fact that it is in the general forum and does relate to everyone.

miss_teneille

HSC
thanks guys that other thread is really helpful, hopefully i'll be alright now lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)