Proposing (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It would insult my pride if the girl proposed.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
ok when the guy proposes...he usually opens the ring box...yadda yadda......whats a girl supposed 2 give a guy when she proposes...a can of beer? its not like u can buy him a wedding band yet or anything...

Last edited:

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
is originality that much of an issue ?

if i could id somehow get a panda cub involved in the whole process, but im not sure its feasible atm :rolleyes:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
As long as its romantic and he has gone to some thought, it dosn't have to be orginal

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Although i would like to take a non traditional approach. I would love the guy to do it. I love the idea of being proposed to

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
llamalope said:
ok when the guy proposes...he usually opens the ring box...yadda yadda......whats a girl supposed 2 give a guy when she proposes...a can of beer? its not like u can buy him a wedding band yet or anything...
LMAO

true that.. besides.. i would feel embarrassed about proposing to my bf.. to me it would feel like he wasnt keen enough to ask me!

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
llamalope said:
actually theres a new trend now that you buy the guy a ring too. well not before he proposes, but afterwards, like a thankyou

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
azzie said:
actually theres a new trend now that you buy the guy a ring too. well not before he proposes, but afterwards, like a thankyou
do guys get engagement rings too?? or just wedding bands?

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
SKA said:
do guys get engagement rings too?? or just wedding bands?
well the one my mate got is just a band of white gold and inside its his name and his fiancee's

then for his wedding, there was a different wedding band

tlodg

HSC
N/A
flipsyde said:
I was having this discussion with a friend the other day and we were discussing who should be the one to propose....

I thiught that although traditionally it is the man who proposes there is no reason why the woman couldn't

they thought it was the mans responsibility and that he should make the move.. whats your opinion?

Id make this a poll but I have no idea how to...

I don't think the real reason girls think guys should propose first is that 'it's his reponsibility' but the fact that if a girl proposes she fears that she might not be cherished by the guy as much as if he were to propose. When they quarrel in the future, he might use it against her and say "HEY, U R THE ONE WHO WANTED TO MARRY ME! SO DON'T COMPLAIN"

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
A woman of course can propose to a man! The tradition dates back to when a woman didn't have the money or power to make decisions like that, but now it's a free-for-all! Except a lot of women choose not to, I don't know why, different women will have different reasons, even it's just a preference for the tradition, because it makes them feel more secure or something.
My boyfriend proposed to me in December. It was a spur of the moment thing, no rings or planning, but we had talked about it, as a 'one day' thing, and he knew I would say yes if he asked me.

Season

HSC
I'm sort of still old fashioned where I like the guys I date to be bigger, stronger and more assertive then I am. A lot of girls say they want sensitive guys, but me... meh sensitivity is overrated.

So I would much prefer the guy to ask me out and to propose to me, just cos that was the way his personality went.

davzilla60

HSC
Even though it is traditional for the man to propose, there are no laws or rules against women doing it. It really in all cases boils down to who makes the proposing move first and the person preference of who it should be.

Pace_T

HSC
i think it wud be a bit strange if the chick proposed.. she can just hint that she wants to get maried or that she'l say yes if he asks but thats it i reckon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)