Prospero's Imaginative Journey (1 Viewer)

Skitten

HSC
Hey,

I have an english assessment on monday and i do not quite understand how Prospero from the Tempest relates to the imaginative journey. If anyone could be of any help i would be so grateful!!!!

gwemma88

HSC
Well this is just a quickie coz i dont have much time but.....

Well the imaginative side of it is obvious.. he is a magician and magic is not real therefore imaginative.

The journey side of it.... well he goes on a personal journey to forgiveness when he realises that though it is hard he must forgive his brother for usurping him and after he has forgiven him, Prospero gives up his magical powers.

That might help, might not.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
gwemma88 said:
well he goes on a personal journey to forgiveness when he realises that though it is hard he must forgive his brother for usurping him and after he has forgiven him, Prospero gives up his magical powers.
That's arguable. Prospero may not have been seeking revenge as one might initially think, but he may just have been preparing for the perfect match for his daughter, and thus subsequent heir to Duke of Milan.
It all depends on what YOU think Prospero was doing. As long as you support it with quotes, there's no right or wrong answer. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)