Protein Powders (1 Viewer)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
What protein powder is everyone taking and how are you finding them?

I'm half way through a tub of Optimum Whey but am pretty keen on moving to something most cost effective.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I've heard Syntha-6 is one of the best tasting proteins but I couldn't justify the extra $$ :(

Dymatize is also a pretty decent choice, especially chocolate fudge.

I'm tempted to buy one of those unbranded 4.5 KG protein powders but I'm scared they're going to be full of crap (although I guess most proteins have bad stuff) and inaccurate on the label.

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
ON 100% Whey Isolate
ON Serious Mass

pretty standard and does the job, i know a place where i can get them for cheap (40% off) which makes them easier to buy
tried Musashi bulk, which is very cheap, quality of their protein is apparently really bad
Chemist Warehouse has some pretty cheap shit there, you should try
i.e.
BSN shit (Mass, NO Explode, Syntha-6) 50% off most times im there
Vital Strength is Australian and theyve got some shit too (WPI, WPI with Stimulant, mass gainer) again though, not too sure about quality
and your standard Musashi stuff (caesin, Mass, Low Carb Protein)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I've been told to stay away from Mushi and anything Australian made unless it's Max's. I tried Aussie Bodies back in year 10 and it was absolute crap and put me off all protein powders for a while. Just didn't mix.

Everyone on the size matters forum is raving about www.proteindirect.com.au and www.bulknutrients.com.au

Anyone had any experiences? Would certainly save a crap load of $$.

EDIT: Bulk Nutrients 5KG Chocolate 5KG - $99 ... tempting.... hmmm

Last edited:

jasonn

HSC
Zyzz. Son of Zeus. Brother of Hercules. Father of Aesthetics

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
Friend recommended protEVOL coz it's cheap ($40-50 for 5lb), I'm gonna try it owt.

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC

I've got BN chocolate concentrate. It mixes well, tastes nice, gets the job done. WP has a list of places to buy protein powders.

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/Where_to_Buy_Supplements

Other supps: Optimen multi, fish oil and vitamin D3

lol at the zyzz worship

gurmies

Drover
HSC
What protein powder is everyone taking and how are you finding them?

I'm half way through a tub of Optimum Whey but am pretty keen on moving to something most cost effective.
I started lifting about three weeks ago, would you recommend a powder so early on? Mind you I'm looking for whey isolate - low carb diet =)

A friend of a friend who's a body-builder recommended Gold Standard too...

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I started lifting about three weeks ago, would you recommend a powder so early on? Mind you I'm looking for whey isolate - low carb diet =)

A friend of a friend who's a body-builder recommended Gold Standard too...
I'd recommend protein at any time, even when just starting. I don't really consider protein powder a supplement, but more a source of nutrition (although I guess this depends on how you actually decide to use it). Also, I'm currently on a low carb diet and taking gold standard. :)

gurmies

Drover
HSC
I'd recommend protein at any time, even when just starting. I don't really consider protein powder a supplement, but more a source of nutrition (although I guess this depends on how you actually decide to use it). Also, I'm currently on a low carb diet and taking gold standard. :)
Oh, awesome! It's killing me dude, carbs were my life for so long...too long. Would like to get down to a nice bf %.

3PiCFail

HSC
musashi iso-8. Its got no carbs or fat. =D
either that or try myofusion or something.
syntha 6 isnt really worth it its only 50% protein weight.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I've been told to stay away from Musashi lol

I'm taking BSN true mass and now am moving onto Max's

3PiCFail

HSC
just stay away from syntha 6 its good, but if your trying to cut down, i wouldnt take it.
Try ON its still good, dunno why OP is getting off it. But try Myofusion or isoflex.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
any protein that is whey isolate and low carbs is fine. musashi is only good if u buy the iso8 or w/e its called, but the problem is its high carbs.

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
cheapest prices for protein will mostly be ebay.
everyone forgets about this place but there will be around a 50-80 dollar difference in prices
ive just found this site called professionalwhey, someone tell me how it goes, i might go them soon

but i have my own little store where i get it for VERY CHEAP

i paid $138.60 for by 10lb bag of ON 100% Whey

u jelly?

jezzmo

Now lactating. Sample me.
HSC
N/A
I've been told to stay away from Mushi and anything Australian made unless it's Max's. I tried Aussie Bodies back in year 10 and it was absolute crap and put me off all protein powders for a while. Just didn't mix.

Everyone on the size matters forum is raving about www.proteindirect.com.au and www.bulknutrients.com.au

Protein Direct - it's just whey protein and lecithin. No junk, no gimmicks. 20kg sack for $295 will last you a long time.

Get chocolate flavouring if you want - otherwise it's just a good powder to add to breakfast, any meals, or drink with gatorade powder before a workout.

Everything else in the protein powders is a scam of marketing - except maybe creatine which you are better off buying separately anyway and is cheap.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)