Protein Shakes (1 Viewer)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
10g per day? LOL.

My problem is my metabolism, regardless how much I eat my body will burn it off. I was eating 1/4 chicken and chips 6 days a week 2 years ago but I still managed to not gain any weight at all. I'm doing weights at the moment and I am only toned, my body doesn't get very cut. The weight has to be so heavy that i struggle lifting it or else I just burn off weight if I do small pissy 5 - 7.5kg dumbells.
Rather, I do about 30-40 10kg dumbells each hand (one at a time of course, I'm not arny) but it's taking awhile for my hand to look cut.
Advantage though is that it's very easy to gain a 6 pack if you are lean. My mate is pushing me to take protien shakes but what does that mean? makes it easier to become cut?
I understand your problem - I am a fellow ectomorph. It's shit. However, your deduction that regardless of how much you eat you body will burn it off it not entirely accurate. Whlist you and I may burn energy more easily, gaining weight is still possible, especially when you first start.
I always hear ectomorphs saying how they eat all this junk food and they dont gain weight. But generally this is because (a) such foods do not promote muscular growth and we are generally safe from gaining fat - so if you're not gaining fat or muscle - you're not gaining! and (b) while you proclaim to be eating a lot, if you actually work it out I bet you're not.

From your limited description of your workouts, it appears they are in need of some changes. Get your reps down to 8 - 12 for the time being.

Your mate is pushing you to take protein because it is the macronutrient required for muscular growth! I advise you take notice of his suggestion and incorporate more protein (and in fact carbs and good fats) into your diet.

You're an ectomorph. You want to get big. Eat!!!

Skeeta

HSC
yeah eat alot of nutrient rich foods and take protein shakes or meal supplements as well as normal meals

i had to do this for a few months because i lost alot of weight through illness, i assume its the same principle just basically trying to put on weight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)