Protest Rally thing (& free BBQ) (1 Viewer)

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
No media incited violence. The video footage on seven came from a student holding a tiny camcorder. No reporter was anywhere near the pepper spray.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by walla
No media incited violence. The video footage on seven came from a student holding a tiny camcorder. No reporter was anywhere near the pepper spray.
haha, thats a good idea- go to the frontline of one of those protests and film them (incite violence as well) and then sell the footage. ;)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
also, i wanted to say how smart that the usyd union was:
they made it so that they marched from usyd all the way to UTS- and then they went in there, and rammed their vice chancellors' door, instead of the usyd's one.... ;) :lol:

Carlito

HSC
rofl yeah, make UTS look bad on the news and damage their buildings..

but, actually it was UTS students that decided on it. When i went to get my free sausage, some uts dude handed me this thing saying "UTS students need your help, come to UTS today and protest in the tower" or something like that

Winston

HSC
hahah i dont get it though wats it got to do with the actual unis fault? isnt it the governments fault?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Carlito
rofl yeah, make UTS look bad on the news and damage their buildings..

but, actually it was UTS students that decided on it. When i went to get my free sausage, some uts dude handed me this thing saying "UTS students need your help, come to UTS today and protest in the tower" or something like that
LoL- i guess they were asking for it. :lol:

Originally posted by Winston
hahah i dont get it though wats it got to do with the actual unis fault? isnt it the governments fault?
haha, true that but i guess they just wanna vent their anger at someone...and also usyd'ers don't like that ugly old building either-hence they trash it. :p

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
the government has given the uni's the power to change HECS fees, they can raise them by up to 25% or lower them. So by targeting the uni's that havent yet made up their minds whether or not to increase or decrease fees, the hope is that the uni's will decide not to increase fees, hence why UTS was the target ans not Usyd, because they have already announced their decision.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
the government has given the uni's the power to change HECS fees, they can raise them by up to 25% or lower them. So by targeting the uni's that havent yet made up their minds whether or not to increase or decrease fees, the hope is that the uni's will decide not to increase fees, hence why UTS was the target ans not Usyd, because they have already announced their decision.
so- how much is usyd gonna increase their fees by- and is it gonna affect us?? well anyways, all that protesting and trashing of UTS will for sure increase the uni. fees, so they can fix up all the vandalism. :p

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
yep, and i guess it didnt quite work out the way they wanted it to..like apparently very few ppl went, i didnt i had a bloody important lecture on cos we'd just finisheda section of the course and were doin a wrap up and differentiatin upon which bits were examinable..im liek hrmm more important then protectin other ppl from feee increases..

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by shelley
yep, and i guess it didnt quite work out the way they wanted it to..like apparently very few ppl went, i didnt i had a bloody important lecture on cos we'd just finisheda section of the course and were doin a wrap up and differentiatin upon which bits were examinable..im liek hrmm more important then protectin other ppl from feee increases..
haha, same here- i had a lecture as well, anyways, i did know that protests are in 99% of the cases useless!! :D

Carlito

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
haha, same here- i had a lecture as well, anyways, i did know that protests are in 99% of the cases useless!! :D
well, i finished at 12 that day so i got a free sausage (well 3 actually) and then i took pics of the protest from the footbridge... lol

the film crew from 7 news were also there filming the march but none of it went to air after what happened later at uts

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Carlito
well, i finished at 12 that day so i got a free sausage (well 3 actually) and then i took pics of the protest from the footbridge... lol

the film crew from 7 news were also there filming the march but none of it went to air after what happened later at uts
did they have softdrinks there? :D

Generator

HSC
N/A
There was also a careers fair on from 12 to 5. I do not think that the SRC or the Union would make the mistake of annoying its students and their potential employers.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Just have to comment that they could have really done better than 'Fuck Shit Up' as a slogan
LOL.

also, i wanted to say how smart that the usyd union was:
they made it so that they marched from usyd all the way to UTS- and then they went in there, and rammed their vice chancellors' door, instead of the usyd's one....
LOL, we must have a union board of alcoholic directors.

Collin

HSC
N/A
haha, true that but i guess they just wanna vent their anger at someone...and also usyd'ers don't like that ugly old building either-hence they trash it.
It's all a big conspiracy. UTS students don't give a crap about the HECS increases, they just wan't a new building. :D

Collin

HSC
N/A
I usually go the 'Quiet Study Area' in the library.. and the first thing you see out the window is that big brown thing.. sigh.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
I usually go the 'Quiet Study Area' in the library.. and the first thing you see out the window is that big brown thing.. sigh.
yeah- it blocks up all the good views of the city ei? :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)