Protest the forbes Global Ceo Conference (3 Viewers)

chubbaraff

Proudly BOS Left
HSC
Katie, like myself, you did not live in the 70's.. cough, morartorium cough womens and homosexual liberation cough.... protestors get nothing done... kill the lot of them :p

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I don't know who these new morons are, to me they're nothing more than trolls.

I say throw those shouting plebeians in gaol, where they belong. They are nothing but petty thugs who do nothing to contribute to society. At least these CEOs have set up companies to give people JOBS and LIVELIHOODS - protestors have served merely to ignite needless angst in a community just going about their daily lives.
Their cause, which is to fight the unjust spread of wealth in the world, is just.

The police should've shot them dead. Easy and simple - no one would miss annoying mosquitoes like them.
Shoot them dead? WTF!?!
Honestly, you seem to like the idea of shooting people dead who you disagree with. If everyone followed your logic the protestors would be out sniping ceo's and killing investment bankers - and hopefully you.

They don't hate the companies.. Just the people who own them and have MONEY. They are slimey dole bludging bastards, who are jealous that other people have things that they don't, and much like people from that class, don't expect to have to work for anything, and expect everything to be given to them, ie. by lotteries or government hand outs.

All of this hate for rich people, morphs itself into protests against corporations (because who else, or what else, can the direct their hate at?). They expect everyone to live in misery like them.
They hate rich people because of the power they have. These companies often make decisions which can lead to thousands of people dying for small profits.

i think everyone knows that protests these days are no longer about anything in particular, no matter what the original motive inevitably there will be a hundred signs protesting globalisation, IR reforms, capitalism, VSU or asking for marijuana legalisation, protesters these days are a JOKE!!!! No rational person would believe that these people represent the majority, we should all just ignore them!!! Bloody communists.
Protests have never immediately worked you moron. It's a slow gradual process of making the public aware/changing public perception to the point where your view is too loud to silence.

The organisers probally paid them to turn up. Its the thing to do these days....
They didn't.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
My 2 cents: Recognise that when even NTB is making more sense than you.. that youre a fucking retard bitch.

chubbaraff

Proudly BOS Left
HSC
BTW you should not use the word bitch in a political forum its highly insensitive... I know a lot of women who would and should knock you in the head for that

Riewe

HSC
With all this talk about protests taking up the streets and causing havoc for normal people going about their daily business, why don't we set up a designated protest area in the city?

This way, they have an area all to themselves where they can carry on and on as much as they like without be as annoying as they are.

I thought of this idea after the VJ march couldn't be held on the monday cause it would cause disruption but very soon after that, some protesters were allowed to march through the streets. When priorities are skewed like this, there has to be a change.

walrusbear

HSC
Riewe said:
With all this talk about protests taking up the streets and causing havoc for normal people going about their daily business, why don't we set up a designated protest area in the city?

This way, they have an area all to themselves where they can carry on and on as much as they like without be as annoying as they are.

I thought of this idea after the VJ march couldn't be held on the monday cause it would cause disruption but very soon after that, some protesters were allowed to march through the streets. When priorities are skewed like this, there has to be a change.
then it wouldn't be a protest
protests are about alerting people about big problems that are going unheeded

it's not about being 'convenient'

chubbaraff

Proudly BOS Left
HSC
I think what a lot of the right means in this thread.. is that we should resurrect Sir Jo Bjelke Petersen and His public demonstration act, so we can quickly and efficiently arrest congregations of 3 or more people. Thatll keep productivity down at ANZ safe.. cough

K

katie_tully

i could give two fucks if they annoyed some bankers honestly. they aren't threatening people. just voicing their opinion with earnesty. some people are acting stupid - happens every day though.
So why should you expect anybody in the general public to give "two fucks" about your cause? It's easier to ignore loud morons than it is to acknowledge or care about their plight. Obviously you protesters haven't discovered effective protesting methods, because being a general nuisance to the wider public isn't one of the steps.

then it wouldn't be a protest
protests are about alerting people about big problems that are going unheeded

it's not about being 'convenient'
HAHAHA so you think by pissing everybody off they're going to give a shit?
Yeah ...

K

katie_tully

chubbaraff said:
Katie, like myself, you did not live in the 70's.. cough, morartorium cough womens and homosexual liberation cough.... protestors get nothing done... kill the lot of them :p
Seriously. Where the hell did you pull yourself from. Kindly relocate yourself. Homosexual liberation? Feminism? Do you honestly want my views on Feminism? The only reason anything got done in the 70s was because everybody was smoking the same wacky tobaccy.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Do they really think that all the money should be taken from the banks and given to poor people? Yeh right as if that would ever work!
Show me where the protesters aims were for the general public to take money from their bank accounts and give it to the poor. Your such and idiot.

The idea of protesting at the ANZ banks was to draw attention to how Imperialism works with the large banks.

K

katie_tully

walrusbear said:
care to enlighten us about the correct methods? the anti-global movement would love to know

i myself promote a peaceful protest - which would be ignored by the public.
some of the people at Forbes decided to be more upfront - which just annoyed the public.
damned if they do; damned if they don't really.
fact is people like you don't give a shit eh. either you're a crazy right winger or too stupid to look into the issue.
Forbes isn't really about protesters.
I don't care because I don't think people who have built businesses and industries up from the ground should be expected to spend their money on causes other people think they should. I also don't care for having other peoples opinions shoved in my face - infact it makes me resent them and their cause, thus pushing me further away from ever being a supporter.

Awr, now we're going to make personal attacks on political affiliation.

walrusbear

HSC
katie_tully said:
So why should you expect anybody in the general public to give "two fucks" about your cause? It's easier to ignore loud morons than it is to acknowledge or care about their plight. Obviously you protesters haven't discovered effective protesting methods, because being a general nuisance to the wider public isn't one of the steps.

HAHAHA so you think by pissing everybody off they're going to give a shit?
Yeah ...
care to enlighten us about the correct methods? the anti-global movement would love to know

i myself promote a peaceful protest - which would be ignored by the public.
some of the people at Forbes decided to be more upfront - which just annoyed the public.
damned if they do; damned if they don't really.
fact is people like you don't give a shit eh. either you're a crazy right winger or too stupid to look into the issue.
Forbes isn't really about protesters.

K

katie_tully

Me? Conservative? You have absolutely no idea where I stand. I am a liberal supporter, I'm sure as hell not a conservative Liberal supporter. Perhaps you'd be best to not make personal attacks on ones political affiliation unless of course you know the full extent.

walrusbear

HSC
katie_tully said:
I don't care because I don't think people who have built businesses and industries up from the ground should be expected to spend their money on causes other people think they should. I also don't care for having other peoples opinions shoved in my face - infact it makes me resent them and their cause, thus pushing me further away from ever being a supporter.

Awr, now we're going to make personal attacks on political affiliation.
in your first comment does 'other people' mean everyone? if so, then you suppose that because 'people have built businesses and industries up from the ground' they should have no boundaries?

anyways
side note it's obvious you and many other disagree with the position of Forbes protestors. whatever. their protest efforts aren't largely different to any protest. saying that they shoved their opinion in your face is an overstatement. unless of course you were walking around the sydney CBD and someone personally accosted. or is anyone voicing an alternative opinion to yours annoying and wrong??

so stop bothering with the criticism of protesting techniques. as a young conservative you would presumably be critical of them no matter what they do. i doubt anyone opposing free market could ever claim you as a 'supporter'.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i just love protesters/whatevers who say the police use too much force

K

katie_tully

I like some of their polices. I disagree with many others. If you're so desperate to pinpoint me, I consider myself more towards the left of the right spectrum. If that makes sense.

walrusbear

HSC
katie_tully said:
Me? Conservative? You have absolutely no idea where I stand. I am a liberal supporter, I'm sure as hell not a conservative Liberal supporter. Perhaps you'd be best to not make personal attacks on ones political affiliation unless of course you know the full extent.
if you like the australian liberal party i'm going to assume you're a social conservative.

walrusbear

HSC
katie_tully said:
I like some of their polices. I disagree with many others. If you're so desperate to pinpoint me, I consider myself more towards the left of the right spectrum. If that makes sense.
hahaha yeah i was desperate to pinpoint you. thanks for sorting that out for me.

does your support for 'progressive' economic policy outweight social progression then? i never understood how you could like the howard govt. and not be socially conservative

K

katie_tully

Some aspects of progressive economic policies are fine. Ie, when it targets social progress as well as economic progress it's indicating we need to spend more on education and health - something I agree with. Both sectors are heavily underfunded. It's dealing with the supposed inequalities that exist that I often disagree with.

Nah. Being called a conservative is worse than being called a communist or a hippie. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)