P's test at Castle Hill (1 Viewer)

razorbladekiss

HSC
I'm taking my test at castle hill soon, I've heard they're tough there.

Are there any tips, or experiences people have had with the Castle Hill RTA?

THANKYOUUUUU :love:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry my post got stuffed up because BoS had an internal server error.

In short, watch out for
a) Roundabouts- lots of bad habits might creep in such as double guessing whether or not it's "safe" to enter (e.g. you see a car indicating to exit therefore in theory it is safe for you to enter; WRONG. RTA doesn't see it that way.)
b) Stop signs- plenty of these will be hidden/obscured by trees and foilage so learn your area
c) T-intersections- these can take a while like roundabouts but just be patient and only go when minimum of 2 lanes is clear

So in summary, be patient and follow the rules for 45 minutes. It's not easy but it's do-able. I passed first time in Castle Hill RTA and found it to be not challenging even though I made one mistake (a tree was blocking my view of the roundabout and I didn't see a car entering on the right; but since I stopped after crossing the line to enter, I didn't fail... but if I had continued to go through and risk crashing, then that would've been a fail).

Good luck.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Be aware if you are parking in the RTA carpark there will probably be a stop sign before you exit. If there is one make sure you stop behind the line, otherwise you will fail before you have started.

razorbladekiss

HSC
How many of the "frequently not making required observation checks" do you need to fail?

madsam

God among men
HSC
careful of the pedestrian crossing, it has a speed limit of 5 on it, a proper speed limit. you go over, insta fail

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
:(

We all make them though. We all just hope that the day of the test is a day we make less of them
Yeah true. I did my test again today and I got 108. Passed with flying colours :).

Okay so first and foremost, park your car outside the RTA ready. Don't bother parking it in the car park, then reversing, and then completely stopping at the stop sign and turning left out. Too much effort - even the RTA instructor said.

The manouvres that were tested for me are: 3 point turn and kerbside stop.

Route:

1. Once you exit the RTA, indicate left and keep going straight until you see a roundabout
2. On the roundabout, indicate to the left.
3. After that you will approach another roundabout and turn left.
4. Continue to drive straight until you approach a suburban street.
5. Kerbside park anywhere in this suburban street.

I really can't remember the exact route for the rest, but you will definitely drive near the good guys and on windsor road. You may pass through the suburb Crestwood, and the school Crestwood High School, plus Baulkham Hills High School as well on your way back from Jasper Road.

:)

61st of April

HSC
Yeah true. I did my test again today and I got 108. Passed with flying colours :).

Okay so first and foremost, park your car outside the RTA ready. Don't bother parking it in the car park, then reversing, and then completely stopping at the stop sign and turning left out. Too much effort - even the RTA instructor said.

The manouvres that were tested for me are: 3 point turn and kerbside stop.

Route:

1. Once you exit the RTA, indicate left and keep going straight until you see a roundabout
2. On the roundabout, indicate to the left.
3. After that you will approach another roundabout and turn left.
4. Continue to drive straight until you approach a suburban street.
5. Kerbside park anywhere in this suburban street.

I really can't remember the exact route for the rest, but you will definitely drive near the good guys and on windsor road. You may pass through the suburb Crestwood, and the school Crestwood High School, plus Baulkham Hills High School as well on your way back from Jasper Road.

:)
Congrats Exhaust!!! Wow 108 - can't do too much better than that! :D You must be ecstatic - I've never heard of anyone getting full marks before - well done!

shaon0

HSC
Congrats Exhaust!!! Wow 108 - can't do too much better than that! :D You must be ecstatic - I've never heard of anyone getting full marks before - well done!
I think he got 103/108.

I've heard that it's pretty hard to pass the P's test in the Hills area (where I live) so i'm doing the test somewhere else where it's easier to drive. How long does the test typically go for?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Congrats Exhaust!!! Wow 108 - can't do too much better than that! You must be ecstatic - I've never heard of anyone getting full marks before - well done!
Thanks 61st of April! Honestly, it wouldn't have been possible without your advice and help :).

I think he got 103/108.

I've heard that it's pretty hard to pass the P's test in the Hills area (where I live) so i'm doing the test somewhere else where it's easier to drive. How long does the test typically go for?
Nope, 61st of April is right :). The time I failed I got 103/108 at Blacktown RTA because apparently, I didn't perform enough head checks. Then I cbfed travelling that far and seeing the same tester again, sat the test again at the Castle Hill RTA and received 108.

Castle Hill is NOT hard. Fuck the people who go "Oh no, Castle Hill is so hard, go Blacktown. It's easy!". Their notion is wrong. Honestly, it depends on a lot of factors, especially the type of RTA tester you have. The bitch I had at Blacktown RTA checked every single hour slowly, adding them up. In the end, she failed me for a shit reason, especially when I exaggerated myself looking around with my head everywhere. Just do the test near your local RTA. You'd be surprised as to how much you know, and if you seriously have to go to Mt. Druitt to do a test, like Riet said, you're probably not ready.

The test typically goes for 45 minutes. Sometimes longer - especially in my case, since my tester was late.

Last edited:

shaon0

HSC
Thanks 61st of April! Honestly, it wouldn't have been possible without your advice and help :).

Nope, 61st of April is right :). The time I failed I got 103/108 at Blacktown RTA because apparently, I didn't perform enough head checks. Then I cbfed travelling that far and seeing the same tester again, sat the test again at the Castle Hill RTA and received 108.

Castle Hill is NOT hard. Fuck the people who go "Oh no, Castle Hill is so hard, go Blacktown. It's easy!". Their notion is wrong. Honestly, it depends on a lot of factors, especially the type of RTA tester you have. The bitch I had at Blacktown RTA checked every single hour slowly, adding them up. In the end, she failed me for a shit reason, especially when I exaggerated myself looking around with my head everywhere. Just do the test near your local RTA. You'd be surprised as to how much you know, and if you seriously have to go to Mt. Druitt to do a test, like Riet said, you're probably not ready.

The test typically goes for 45 minutes. Sometimes longer - especially in my case, since my tester was late.
Oh ok, I was thinking of going to the Blacktown RTA one. Everyone said that Castle Hill's the hardest because of the constant stopping. Thanks for the advice :)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Oh ok, I was thinking of going to the Blacktown RTA one. Everyone said that Castle Hill's the hardest because of the constant stopping. Thanks for the advice :)
Brake very smoothly and you should be fine shaon0 :).

JustAnotherOne

HSC
I got my Reds and Greens at Castle Hill.

My instructor told me that "Vince" is CH's easiest testing officer, but you can't actually choose the testing officer you get, so it's luck of the draw.

There are a couple of stop signs nearby, so watch out for them. Otherwise, just drive the best you can. You might want to drive around the CH area before doing the test (my instructor knew all the test routes, so I'd been on them all several times before when I did mine).

belle_tb

HSC
N/A
i failed at castle hill today :( and i got Vince and the only reason why i failed was because i didnt indicate left when i left the round-a-bout :'(

shaon0

HSC
Brake very smoothly and you should be fine shaon0 :).
Ok thanks for the advice.
i failed at castle hill today and i got Vince and the only reason why i failed was because i didnt indicate left when i left the round-a-bout :'(
Damn that sucks

Does anyone know what the fail items are for the test? Is it in the L's pack anywhere?
Thanks

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)