P's test. (1 Viewer)

medicore

HSC
Hey guys, I have my P's test tomorrow and I was just wondering what is the likelihood that they'll ask me to do Reverse parking. That's one thing I'm not very confident with, other than that I'm fine. When you guys did your tests did they ask you to do reverse parking?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
More likely than not, you have to either do one of them or a three point turn during the test and the testers know people have more difficulty with reverse parking. I had to do one when i did my test.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
they ask you to do either a 3 point turn or a reverse park so you have a 50% chance of being asked to do the reverse park.

medicore

HSC
oh right, thanks guys :)

hopefully they ask for three point turn.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Yeah could also be three point and reverse as my friend did, its not always kerbside and 1 of the 2 others

D94

HSC
N/A
There's nothing particularly challenging about a 3 point turn, so even if you do get that one + the other two, it's just free points (provided you do it correctly).

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
There's nothing particularly challenging about a 3 point turn, so even if you do get that one + the other two, it's just free points (provided you do it correctly).
Free points? I thought points were only added if you avoided some kind of danger?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Dependent on whos marking they will actually fail you if you avoid an accident.
Haha wow, and an accident of any sort is instant fail regardless of who is at fault and how late it happens in the test. Can't win in those circumstances.

D94

HSC
N/A
Free points? I thought points were only added if you avoided some kind of danger?
Not in that sense, but rather, a 3 point turn isn't hard, so instead of say negotiating traffic on a busy road (which involves road positioning, keeping at a safe distance, possibly changing lanes etc.), a 3 point turn will usually be done on a decently quiet street, likewise with a kerbside stop and reverse parallel park; there's less things to worry about. (you'll obviously do that, but maybe not as much)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
gah, i'm having my first (L's) driving lesson on thursday :(

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
As did most people, I assume.

Important thing is... I did it before it expired :p

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
The 4 times that i did my test, i didn't have to do reverse park at all

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Reverse park is ez tho. imo if u can't reverse park don't do ur test just practise it heaps lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)