PSY237 helpppppp (1 Viewer)

lmnopq

HSC
mummmmmy its so hard it hurts my brain. psy237 mid semester exam is in 2 days and im so nervous. i tried to start revising from the start but i cant understand my own notes, they dont make sense to me! perception is a horrible horrible subject. any advice on how i can study for it effectively? anyone else in the same boat? IM SO SCREWED! :mad1:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Ah, I remember PSY237.. Dont have any helpful hints, though, I think I just passed. It is so totally crap, but once it is finished, it is the sweetest moment. Sigh. Peter is a nice guy, but his unit is just waaaay too hard.

From memory, they ask you to draw something. I think it was either something to do with Cognition (like the learning model thing that the Colthearts created), or some perception model... that is really not helpful, is it? It is all multi-choice, though :) Peter has some obscure questions in there, where I questioned whether we had even learnt that material.

For this unit, just remember darling, P=Degree :D

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
2) the cognition questuon was about something to do with Shiffrin and Schneider. I think it was something about learning. I still remember the names because they sound funny.
OOh, BOTTLENECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember! :D

lmnopq

HSC
oh golly gosh, i'm expected to draw diagrams?

i'm freaking out enough as it is at the thought of having to write essays in an exam situation.. haven't done that since hsc!

how long do the essays have to be? one page each? do you need intro, conclusion and references?

ehem you like peter!? he is so grumpy, he doesn't make me happy at all!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Peter is a nice guy, I think, especially one-on-one. I sent him a few emails asking questions, and he was so great, even giving me pin-point references in the text to look up, which I really appreciated. I ended up sending him a final email when we got our final exams, thanking him for an interesting, but difficult, unit. I think his reply was "haha, thanks Yvette, much appreciated - P" and it was cc'd to Veronika.

Essays are only a page long for the mid-semester. The final exam requires much longer ones from memory.

lmnopq

HSC
woohoo its over! well there was a cognition essay question about BOTTLENECKS and i went straight for it! both of the options for the perception essay were crazy hard, i think i only wrote one paragraph. MC were pretty hard too.. only a few of them were similar to the practice questions! now back to study, PSY22 assignment is due on thursday and we have a test next friday mummmmyyy

nikmueller

HSC
final exam in two days?

anybody ready for it? i am slowly freakin out.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
psy237. i ended up with 56 or 58 and i remember putting at least a solid 15 more hours into studying for it than my other subjects :s

lol 237 wenderoth... good times good times...

i thought it was interesting too.. the only thing i remmeber from the unit though was how do u funny things to ur eyes... and put ur finger in front of it and i remember getting headaches everytime i did it.. and it only worked for me the 7th time... but i eventually learnt whatever i had to learn lol....

final is on cognition too.. don't forget.. i focused most of my energy on that...

only way to pass i think... unless ur jamie (cyan phoenix) our master neuropsychologist :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)