• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Psyc Questions (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
1) Who lectures PSYC1002 this semester?
2) Is it possible to do psych 1002 without having done psyc1001 and still get good marks?

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
the 2 courses aren't related that much. content is very different. the only thing you might be disadvantaged for is the report writing, because we went through that in detail last semester, and we've already has practice in writing for psytchology, whereas you wouldn't have. But if you get the burton book about writing for psychology, you should be fine

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Stas, baby.

i'll answer question 2 first. in the course handbook for PSYC1002, it specifically says that not having done PSYC1001 will not put u at a huge disadvantage for PSYC1002, however, it says u have have some problems with jargon covered in 1001 (i.e. dependant and independant variables, certain parts of the brain, different approaches, the null hypothesis) and statistics (which are covered in 1001, and u should be able to get a decent overview of if u read one or two books). so yes, u could get good marks, just a little extra effort, and any psych student would be able to fill u in. one OTHER thing is that u wont be familar with the proper APA formats, and wont have had feedback in a psych assignment b4. but i reckon u can handle that

question one, there are several lecturer's, i shall list them here

Co-ordinator: Dr. Caleb Owens

Ms. Tamara Watson (Perception)
Dr. Derek Arnold (Perception)
Dr. Ian Johnston (Learning & Motivation)
Dr. Gerry Pallier (Mental Abilities)
Dr. Pauline Howie (Human Development)
Dr. Caleb Owens (Cognitive Processes)
Mr. Martin Daly (Emotion)

jen_man

I am, therefore i think.
HSC
i don't think the assignment stuff is a disadvantage... if you've written uni assignments before you won't have a problem. just know what system to use and you'll be fine. we're doing a report this semester and i don't recall ever going into detail about report writing last semester. so don't worry too much about it. the course doesn't chronologically follow on from 1001.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)