Psychology/Law Vs. Arts (1 Viewer)

hApPy1

HSC
Ok - I just finished reading an article in the paper (it was the Herald on the day of UAI releases) and there was this section about uni courses in general and teh kind of degrees, who they suit etc etc.

Ive never been dead set on anything- am very interested in psychology and am close to admitting that my "curiosity" for law comes from family and the general reputation that surrounds the word in terms of study=a highly intellectual degree for intellectual ppl...

Anhyoo- this article emphaised the Bachelor of Arts as the best option for those not certain of their path...that it provides more scope and options for students...am i limited then in a Arts Psychology/Law degree (or is psychology just one of the majors?) at Macquarie

ps. I feel the need to do law because of my uai...if i dont...i feel like ive wasted something...haha, im the only one that feels like this rnt i...

Ive thought-

Before: Arts/Law
Yesterday: Psychology/Law
Now: Arts/Psychology (what about law!)

i know im over reacting...

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
hApPy1 said:
ps. I feel the need to do law because of my uai...if i dont...i feel like ive wasted something...haha, im the only one that feels like this rnt i...
Oh for fuck's sake. No, sadly, you're not the only one. Do a degree that leads you where you want to go, not one that hapens to meet your UAI. The UAI is nothing more than a reflection of demand, not the 'prestige' and 'respect' garnered by the course in question. If you enrol in a course that you have no interest in, you will fail.

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
hfis said:
The UAI is nothing more than a reflection of demand, not the 'prestige' and 'respect' garnered by the course in question.
UAI2005 @ USyd:

Law - 99.6
Arts - 83

Science (Advanced Maths) - 98
Science (Botany) - 78

Commerce - 93.xx
Economics - 91.xx

Think again.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Wolfowitz said:
UAI2005 @ USyd:

Law - 99.6
Arts - 83

Science (Advanced Maths) - 98
Science (Botany) - 78

Commerce - 93.xx
Economics - 91.xx

Think again.
Um, what? I fail to see what your point is.

You're saying that if the UAI for B Basket Weaving at the University of Ayers Rock suddenly rose to 94.3, that the profession it led to would automatically adjust it's pay scale to $400k pa, and that everyone would be offering graduates from the course in question their first born child because hey, 94.3?

A

adamsaclown

all that said, i think Psychology/Law or Arts (Psychology)/Law would be a very good combination if you want to be a lawyer.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
adamsaclown said:
all that said, i think Psychology/Law or Arts (Psychology)/Law would be a very good combination if you want to be a lawyer.
That is a fallacy.

A

adamsaclown

thanks for correcting my n00bness, shane.

i just thought, learning all about fallacies in psych, would be helpful. as well as the reasoning required in psychological (scientific/academic) writing

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)