Psychology or Nutrition- Which is better? Job prospects, USYD quality etc (1 Viewer)

study12345

HSC
I am interested in both, but parents think pscychology would be be best.
i am worried about not being able to become clinical psychologist though

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Don't choose a degree based on potential job prospects. The whole reason you go to university is to learn. Do something you love, be good at what you do, and there will be some job for you in the future, but that's not something you should be concerning yourself with now.

So if you are interested in Psychology and Nutrition I would major in both and decide which one you want to pursue once you've had a feel for both of them.

study12345

HSC
i mean bachelor of psychology or bachelor of science/master of nutrition

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Ah OK, well in that case I would aim for the Psychology degree if you can. You'll have enough space to pursue study in a nutrition related area for your undergraduate degree, and if you end up changing your mind about psychology, it is a lot easier to transfer down to a science degree than to transfer up to a psychology degree. Either way, if you finish whatever degree you do with a credit average, you should be able to do a Master of Nutrition and Dietetics afterwards if you wish.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Do a bachelor of science, major in psych and probably some kind of biology. Realise that only 7% of people who do undergrad psych end up doing honours, and only 10% of those get into the Masters of Clinical Psychology. Apply for the masters of nutrition at dietics at the end of your science degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)