Psychology Subjects (1 Viewer)

BamBam90

HSC
Hi all!

I just got accepted into the Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) and i was having a look around the uni website to find out what my first semester subjects are going to be. However, as much as i search, the only thing i can come up with is that i only have the one subject for my first semester. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Can anyone help me out? Is it just the one subject or am i supposed to choose some electives? :confused::confused:

likeadrug

HSC
Hey!
Im doing the Bachelor of Arts deans scholars course so i headed down to the uni today for the pre enrolment info session thing and the same question was asked by one of the other deans scholars.

I got the impression from Stephen Brown (who took our group and is the sub dean) that in for a lot of majors (for example english) tend only to have one or two subjects per semester, especially in first year because in first year, they encourage students to try a lot of things and experiment with subjects.
From memory there is one pysch subject per semester in the first year but when you get to second year there is a much wider choice.

So basically I think the idea is that you choose the pysch subjects on offer each semester so it forms 12 of 48 credit points in the first year then pick electives. So in semester 1, maybe you could look at doing sociology or something like that which looks at the nature of societies and individuals which can kind of be linked to pyschology.

I hope this has helped somewhat and not confused you too much. If you're still not sure, maybe just give UniAdvice a call or perhaps the convenor of pyschology within arts (if there is one).

Good luck with everything!

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Hi all!

I just got accepted into the Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) and i was having a look around the uni website to find out what my first semester subjects are going to be. However, as much as i search, the only thing i can come up with is that i only have the one subject for my first semester. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Can anyone help me out? Is it just the one subject or am i supposed to choose some electives? :confused::confused:
Hey!

I have a lot of friends doing psyc and started doing it myself but decided not to lol. You are correct in only seeing the one, for first year psyc there are only 3 subjects you have to do: psyc121 in autumn, and psyc122 and 123 in spring. So you have to do psyc121 and then choose 3 elective from the general schedule.

BamBam90

HSC
Thank you! You've both cleared a lot of things up for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)