Psychology VS Human Resources (1 Viewer)

pRii

HSC
Hey, i'm thinking of doing psychology or human resource management as a future career and was contemplating doing either:

1. Bachelor of Science at USYD-majoring in psychology (3 yrs)
OR
2.Bachelor of Business Administration/Bacehlor of Arts-Psychology at MACQ uni (4 yrs)

Psychology is my first choice and HR is my second at the moment but i would like to do a degree that has both options.

Anyone have any insight or advice for me as to which degree is more enjoyable and "better" to do and whether the Bsc allows me to to do some HR units?

Also, does anyone know the difference between employment options for psychology and human resource management?

It would be greatly appreciated!

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
gosh this was exactly what i was considering - only i was looking more towards social science or BA (psychology)
you know you can be trained in both, pretty much at the same time by doing a psychology course and then going on to do honours and masters in workplace psychology - that way you're a registered psycho :p AND you can do human resources.
if you do a social science degree at unsw then you can do both psych and HR as a major...as far as i remember , though check just in case, and the UAI cut off was i think 80ish last year so you should be fine :)
I know there's also a course on human resource management, i can't remember which uni but it was in the "business" area so check out your uac guide.
in terms of what's better? they're both pretty good in my opinion but with psych there's a hell of a lot of time spent studying, so if you're prepared to spend 6-7 years becoming a registered psychologist then go for it, if you'd rather be in the workplace after 4ish years then i'd suggest go down the HR path - which you can even follow after doing psych as a major in BSc or BA.
anyway those are just my thoughts, hope it helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)