PSYCHOLOGY - which uni?! (1 Viewer)

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
i am not sure but i believe that psychologists and psychiatrists use different approaches when dealing with treating mental illness.
and obviously psychiatrists can prescribe drugs whereas psychologists cannot (they can however refer you to a doctor if they deem that you need meds)
pretty sure its all doctor phil stuff tho.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
yes dr phil is a psychologist but you cant really take what he does on tv as fact lol its obviously simplified and dramatized for entertainment purposes

KingDakai

HSC
there is no b com/b psych degree to my knowledge. the closest would be b com/b sc (or arts).
yes but heres the thing- getting into honors is a lot harder than it sounds. i think usyd only approves 100 honors applicants a year or something insane, and first preference is given to b psych students. although there are many pathways, it does take a lot of time.

and to be a clinical psychologist you need to do more stuff. I think maybe a masters or doctorate. But it does take more time.
Damn, I believe that I would be able to get into honours though. How heavy is the competition?
Clinical psychologist needs masters... wow. So that means I'll be spending 7-8 years in uni doesn't it. All of a sudden it doesn't seem that appealing :(

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
yes dr phil is a psychologist but you cant really take what he does on tv as fact lol its obviously simplified and dramatized for entertainment purposes
yeh i know that. but i think thats the kind of issues psychologists deal with.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Damn, I believe that I would be able to get into honours though. How heavy is the competition?
Clinical psychologist needs masters... wow. So that means I'll be spending 7-8 years in uni doesn't it. All of a sudden it doesn't seem that appealing :(
probably not 7-8 years at uni. 6 at most.
idk about other universities but at usyd the competition is pretty full on. even though you only need a credit average to apply to do honors, you basically have no chance unless you have a D average. though a D average is doable (with a lot of effort)

im not entirely sure because i dont want to become a clinical psychologist so yeah. maybe google it?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
no worries. if you're interested in psychology, do it, it's a great field.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
because you suck doodle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)