public communications and the media/drama anyone? (1 Viewer)

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
just wondering... is there anyone doing a performing arts course or anything to do with drama? still got a year-well less-of school left.... and im real interested in public communcations and the media..... but imnot sure what it involves...
i also love drama and wouldnt mind pursuing it as well......
any info/advice?

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
I'm doing first year Pub. Comm. @ UTS atm, but you'll have to be more specific with your questions.

andyk

HSC
N/A
@ UWS, I do a Theatremaking major elective sequence within B Liberal Studies. Fellow students of Theatremaking also come from:

B Performance, Theory, Practice (Theatremaking)
B Arts
B Arts (Communications)
B Arts/ B Teach
B Education

The Theatremaking major sequence is very similar to Drama at high school. You do a mix of theory, performance, and production. Just like Drama, you don't focus on a single aspect, such as acting. At other institutions, Theatremaking could be called Drama (e.g. MacquarieU), Theatre (e.g. UNSW), Performance Studies (e.g. USyd), mostly also as major/elective sequences within an Arts or Education course. What exactly is taught will differ slightly between institutions of course. And there are also professional courses at other institutions such as Australian Film Television Radio School, NIDA, Australian School of Acting, etc.

So that's about as much info I can give on your Drama query.

On a scant general note:

Public Communications involves things within Advertising, Public Relations, and Journalism.

Media involves a variety of media production depending on the institution. At UWS, this is visual/film.

someone else should be able to expand on that.

--

Last edited:

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
your course sounds really cool andyk! I love theatre - the whole experience... it'd be heaps of fun to be involved in a musical production.

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
your course sounds really cool andyk! I love theatre - the whole experience... it'd be heaps of fun to be involved in a musical production.
:) my thoughts exactly......
do you find public communications very demanding?i mean.. okay, im sure it would be-like any other course- but...do you /would you get sick of it?-okai, taht would depend on your personal tastes and patience level....
hmm. im not wording this very well........
could i do both and maybe aim for a profession which merges the two?

corinne_m

Just thought i'd mention that communications is VERY hard to get into... its the new design degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)