Public display of affection (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
I think kissing (no tongues!), hand-holding and cuddling is sweet, and totally fine in public.

Anything else is, as others have said, only for very drunk times.
this

except i don't think i ever have/ever would do anything much more than that in public, even if i was drunk... fuck that

Last edited:

Nanasaurus

HSC
it's ok, if you're around mates or something. just no tongue. but not around strangers, and not if you're making people uncomfortable!

Jaylee42003

HSC
Anyone with common sense would be able to judge what is appropriate and inapproriate in regards to public affection. Just don't grose us all out and there really is no issue :)
This is Australia, after all. We're pretty laid back as it is, and bend social rules all the time that the British, for example, would find ill-mannered and shocking.

kayla1991

HSC
our schools idea of a 30cm rule applies with both boys and girls. you cant hold a girls hand even if she is only a friend otherwise you get into trouble. it sucks that you cant be yourself around the people u care about without teachers giving u shit bout a 30cm rule.:shouting:

Laika_

Banned
HSC
lol we had a 30cm rule and some of the teachers used to carry rulers with them to enforce it

Jaylee42003

HSC
our schools idea of a 30cm rule applies with both boys and girls. you cant hold a girls hand even if she is only a friend otherwise you get into trouble. it sucks that you cant be yourself around the people u care about without teachers giving u shit bout a 30cm rule.:shouting:
why would you hold someone's hand if you're only friends anyway?? that's a bit weird.

Laika_

Banned
HSC
holding hands with your friend isnt weird. if you are like 6 you fucking speds

bonzaboy

HSC
yeah? ok
imo it's still a bit weird.
I go to an all girl's school and I rarely see girls holding hands...
I attend a girls school too, and no-one sees any problem with us holding hands... It's just friendly to us.
With the 30cm rule, I think that's a little over the top, but I have no probs with major PDAs being banned.

HSC
I attend a girls school too, and no-one sees any problem with us holding hands... It's just friendly to us.
With the 30cm rule, I think that's a little over the top, but I have no probs with major PDAs being banned.
That's true, you even see girls lying on each other all the time. Nooo 30cm rule at my school. It's kinda hard when you have a tiny canteen. :/ And you try to promote inclusion of others and all that stuff.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I really really hate those teenagers who literally eat each other's faces in public. Hold hands and hug all you want (even random kisses are okay) but as soon as I can see saliva... PDAs like that shit me off so badly.

That being said, I was stupidly drunk once and ended up making out like crazy with someone at a random bar. That was the biggest PDA I think I've ever done and I doubt I'll repeat it. I remember being absolutely mortified the next day.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
I really really hate those teenagers who literally eat each other's faces in public. Hold hands and hug all you want (even random kisses are okay) but as soon as I can see saliva... PDAs like that shit me off so badly.

That being said, I was stupidly drunk once and ended up making out like crazy with someone at a random bar. That was the biggest PDA I think I've ever done and I doubt I'll repeat it. I remember being absolutely mortified the next day.
oh ive done so many random hookup pdas whilst super trashed. i think most people understand this in clubs haha

HSC
My school has a hands off policy; doesn't stop kids from getting rowdy.

Cute PDAs are a'ight, shoving tongues down each other's throats is not.

Also;
Jaylee4203 said:
yeah? ok
imo it's still a bit weird.
I go to an all girl's school and I rarely see girls holding hands...
Haha what. Girls hold hands allll the time, and tend to act even more affectionate at all girls schools.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)