Public expediencry and individual integrity (1 Viewer)

Enigma17

I need the help of all you out there in internet land.. :)

i have this question...

"...explain how your prescribed text (Julius Caesar) explores the complex relationship between public expediency and individual integrity."

now anyone got any ideas what in the world that means?

some guy told me that is means "...some people's ideals and morality have to be sacrificed to meet societies' movement at an even greater pace.." and refering that to Brutus, of course.

It also asks me to "..refer to one other related text i have explored on the net.."

so if anyone of you could help me.. cause this thing is due tomorrow.... so help is very appreciated....

thanks

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Gah, that sounds awful :) Why can't English questions be written in English?!

I'm assuming it means compare the politicans' morals/ethics with their public duty. Hmm, since the question's wording IS 'explain', explain it and don't just recount it.

I haven't read the play, so I can't really help. :\

Oh, and another text on the net - are they looking for any specific kind of text? A news article about some government and children being chucked overboard and the (then) upcoming election does seem to relate a little?

Anyway, good luck. :)

Ozz^E

that was the question in our trial lst yr...cssa 2001. We fully stuffed up in it but now we know how to go about it. What it means is.. how do the characters in the play compromise their individual integrity(honour), in order to acheieve thier goals and ambitions in their PUBLIC lives. The thing is different teachers interpret it differently..thats wat i hate bout eng. Like expedient means "siutable for...or what is required". So one teacher goes that the quetsion wants an explanation as to how the conspirators compromise thier integrity in their public life...i.e coz for them it is expedient to kill caesar. Mainly brutus and cassius that is. But u can also take the question more broadly and discuss how the characters (all main ones) compromise their integrity in order to achieve what they think is expedient. This includes antony, caesar etc.

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)