Public transport concessions? (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
I forgot to ask the guy who served me my student card about public transport and concessions, so any help is appreciated.

1. Buses--Do you have to flash your student card and subsequently buy a ticket every single time, or is there like a Tcard thingy (or bus pass) that you can just flash and walk on the bus with, without having to buy a ticket every single time? This is for both Sydney Buses and Shorelink (if anyone lives on the North Shore?)

2. Trains--Same situation as above, or is there a School Rail Pass thingy? Also, is it worth my while and money to get a FlexiPass if there's no equivalent School Rail Pass?

Thanks!

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
You can buy a weekly pass for train, or a TravelTen for bus. Or if you're using both quite a lot during the week, you can get a TravelPass.

rherkes

HSC
I thought weekly tickets allowed unlimited travel to any two stations between the two indicated on the ticket. So say you bought one from Parramatta to Central, you could go to uni in the morning, then go to Strathfield for lunch then go to work at say Redfern or Burwood. They cost $31 between Central and Parramatta
http://www.cityrail.info/fares/commuter_tickets.jsp
A TravelPass however allows you to if a ticket is bought at Parramatta travel anywhere by bus ferry or train whithin a zone bounded by Janali, Panania?, Chester Hill, Parramatta, Camelia, Epping and Waitara. You will need to pay more for using the airport line stations though. They cost $44 for a yellow travelpass
http://www.cityrail.info/fares/travelpass.jsp

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Divide those prices by 2 to get the student concession prices, which you can get by showing your student card.

gman03

HSC
Whenever you buy tickets for use on state transist you have youy show your concession card / id card anyway. You need to do that when you are >16.

Occasionally there will be state revenue unit "patrol" buses and train. THen you will need to show your tickets and concession card / id card.

For sydneybus, you don't flash your ticket, you dip it into the machine, even if it is a weekly or travel pass/

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
same with shorelink, jus show them your ID card and pay the student price.

HSC
What happens if your uni doesnt use student ID cards? Im going to ACU and theres been no mention of getting ID cards at all (and ive already enrolled). Should I call the uni and ask for a letter to use perhaps?

gman03

HSC
Lil Miss Karly said:
What happens if your uni doesnt use student ID cards? Im going to ACU and theres been no mention of getting ID cards at all (and ive already enrolled). Should I call the uni and ask for a letter to use perhaps?
You should ask for a Concession Card in this case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)