pulled/torn hamstring. (1 Viewer)

Muz4PM

HSC
I guess it depends on how long ago you injured it. If it was like today or yesteday I think it is best to ice and compress it to stop/minimise possible bleeding and swelling then ice it a few times over about the next two days. Give it some light stretching too and avoid doing anything too adventurous over about the next week or so. I'm not an expert in the field, so it is probably best if you saw a physio about the problem as they would give you some better advice.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
iced it a bit . reinjured it at soccer today. Im no expert but i'd say it's a grade 2-3 tear.

NinjaSauce

HSC
blakegman said:
reinjured it at soccer today.

You are playing on a torn hamstring? You Deserve what you get.

Other than that, Talk to a physio and/or doctor, and do what they say.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
assuming its just a tear down at the knee and there's still a at least a little bit of tissue still connecting alot depends on how long ago you did it and how your body feels/response

ice for the first few days to a week
then i go to warmer compressions, massaging (might not do too much but feels good), and start stretching it / going through lower leg rom very cautiously (dont do stupid shit like aggressively flex/extend, etc. you should know how instinctively far you should push your stretches)
slow cycle work to get rom back again and you can start to do (slowly building up) exercises to get strength back in it (if you give a shit about that stuff)

of course take advil/nurofen (ibuprofen) if you want to. no need to go nuts on it though for a hammie. dont bother going to a doc or physio.
in worst case could take up to 5 weeks or so. just use common sense and dont do stupid shit (aggressive movements or jump straight into weights without Very slowly bulding up)

keep us updated if it turns a kickass shade of purple

Nat3skiz

HSC
JFK said:
i wrenched on a guy's leg when he was in the bottom of a ruck once

grade 3 hamstring tear :uhhuh:

fuck yeah
you're such a man

blakegman

HSC
N/A
NinjaSauce said:

You are playing on a torn hamstring? You Deserve what you get.

Other than that, Talk to a physio and/or doctor, and do what they say.

Wasn't sure it was torn till i streched my leg for the ball and i felt it tear. Before that the pain wasn't too bad and i figured it could just be bruising.

it's feeling alright today actually, can't run obviously but walking has become largely painless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)