artfag

Banned
HSC
walrusbear said:
are television punk or post-punk?
and would you call vu punk? by degrees i suppose

proto-punk

HSC
Genre threads really bring out the cheerful folks eh :)

Regardless of what you think of 'punk' bands, they're (almost) all still better than lots of other stuff, for example, Creed. Why can't we all just get along :)

Who knows, maybe we could even get some appreciation of the classics happening if we tried an approach other than "don't you even dare say punk if you don't listen to these bands" :) But then again, that would take away from the 'I'm a leet punkar, I listen to bands your nan never even heard of' side of things, so maybe not.

K

katie_tully

emo

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
But dont you think, that if one were to go into the pedantic and technical side of what determines a genre, that they are concentrating way too much upon the "fashion" and what is or what isnt rather than just let people listen to it.

Besides wouldnt it be better to educate these people and show them the roots rather than just merely dissing them?

Long live the music everyone.

K

katie_tully

Who cares what genre it's from, so long as it sounds okay.
I wouldn't say I listen to a specific genre, because my mp3 list goes from top 40, old rock, new rock, alt rock, classical, techno...

I dont know why you sledge each other over genre, the only genre that needs sledging is EMO.. already enough whiney biatches in the world without dedicating an entire genre to them.
Bahah.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
making this thread i was only asking who liked what. haha now its a fight thread for what is punk and what isnt... oh well. :uhhuh:
its not that big of a deal just listen to it if you like i. if you think its punk, then it is to you. just because someone else says it isnt doesnt mean anything so why react?

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
katie_tully said:
I dont know why you sledge each other over genre, the only genre that needs sledging is EMO.. already enough whiney biatches in the world without dedicating an entire genre to them.
Bahah.
ROFL right on with that one.... i most sincerely hope that something terrible happens to linkin park and all those fkn queers :vcross:

HSC
girlsetsfire said:
Finch is classified as emo asswipe, go study your lyrics somemore and get a phd in emology or osmething.............. THEN come back and try to give me shit.
finch? emo? you're joking right? stop reading those fucking terrible magazines and reviews that dub bands as emo when they have no fucking idea.
all those whingey whiney bandslike that give emo a bad name, as does the media that find emo as a new catchy word.

you want emo? try christie front drive, indian summer, still life, ordination of aaron, september, moss icon?
do they sound anything like finch? didnt think so.

and with your payouts to artfag, you're fucking hopeless and incoherent as all fuck. he clearly listed PUNK bands not "underground screamo" bands. at least know the fucking basics of a genre.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
GemmaHavok said:
You like Velvet Underground now? Did they get played on the OC or something? lol

Artfag rules...
hah. oh gemma you're so funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)