Purchasing textbooks elsewhere from UNSW bookshop (1 Viewer)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
1)

Does anyone actually purchase new textbooks for their prescribed course lower than the prices the UNSW bookshop offers and if so where?

2)

What is the standard procedure to selling textbooks on campus?

3)

Only read on if you at least passed MMAN2600 and/or MATH2089:

Are the prescribed textbooks required for this course?
Are they needed for the sake of laboratories and tutorials, further reading or simply just to obtain constants and other data?

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
1)

Does anyone actually purchase new textbooks for their prescribed course lower than the prices the UNSW bookshop offers and if so where?

2)

What is the standard procedure to selling textbooks on campus?

3)

Only read on if you at least passed MMAN2600 and/or MATH2089:

Are they needed for the sake of laboratories and tutorials, further reading or simply just to obtain constants and other data?
I can only answer questions 1 and 2 for you Uncle.

1) --> I usually either check textbookexchange.com, BoS, and Co-Op Bookstores (check all stores btw).

2) --> Again I usually either advertise on BoS or textbookexchange.

HSC
one of my textbooks is on Google Books in its entirety

Mumma

HSC
3) Only read on if you at least passed MMAN2600 and/or MATH2089:

MATH2089 - Got a HD. Did not go to the lectures or most tutorials, didn't buy a textbook for numerical methods, but did buy a textbook for statistics near the end of the semester. Most boring subject ever.

MMAN2600 - Got a HD. Did not go to lectures or tutorials, I learned everything from the textbook. But then I know people who didn't buy the textbook and went to all the lectures/tutorials and they still did very well. So it depends on what kind of learner you are.

I generally buy most of my textbooks and never bother attending lectures/tutorials (unless assessed). Works pretty well for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)