pure imagination (1 Viewer)

gemmi

HSC
i chose the song pure imagination from willy wonka & the chocolate factory for my own text 4 imaginative journey last term. anyone got any insights on the song i could use 4 my study notes? and which text out of the stimulus booklet would be the easiest to use?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
not to sound short with ya but you chose the song with no idea what sort of angle you would approach to analysing it?

you just chose it cos it had the word "imagination" in it?

i know the song well but maybe you could tell us what sort of angle you intend to draw out of the song?

HSC
Just thought I'd give you some tips from what I've learnt in my own study of imaginative journeys - try to choose texts that are 'sophistocated' this is what helps to shape your response and gets it int the higher bands. Also look for texts that involve some kind of intellectual discovery, lets the individual get in touch with themselves etc.

Looking at the song I see some potential, but perhaps you could scout around a bit more for a text that gives you a more varied persepctive of imaginative journeys - so you have more to work with.

Anyways back to the song - In my own opinion I think you could probably look at it from how imaginative journeys often reflect our personal desires and present idealised versions of reality.

Goodluck.

gemmi

HSC
cool, nah i chose it cos it had links to the tempest- like i had an assessment where i made a brochure about an imaginary journey, so i did a "paradie simulator" where you could go into your own imagination and re-create that world. as willy wonka did - and 4 example u could go on an island, as in the tempest..stupid huh? but it worked.

scrat96

HSC
imagine

how about the song 'imagine' buy john lennon? would that be a good text to do for imaginative journeys?

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
Don't do a text that has anything to do with imaginary in its title. I strongly go against it. The teacher would think that you are not well intelligent enough to find a text that is imaginary itself without just trying to find one with an imaginary name. Unless maybe it was like a front cover like that The Ivory Trail one. But still, its not a great idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)